• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
miamigtimark

How To Fit Sunroof Deflector

miamigtimark

Ive bought a secondhand deflector but im not sure how to fit it. It has 1 nut/bolt on each side and a centre fixing. However i cant see how the nut/bolt at either end attaches. Am i missing some brackets??? Are they easy to fabricate and where do they attach on the car ?? TIA

davey sprocket
Ive bought a secondhand deflector but im not sure how to fit it. It has 1 nut/bolt on each side and a centre fixing. However i cant see how the nut/bolt at either end attaches. Am i missing some brackets??? Are they easy to fabricate and where do they attach on the car ?? TIA

If you don't get anywhere with this, I'll take a photo of the set up in the morning. Bit dark at the moment!

chrisj21

Mine has U shaped brackets if i remeber correctly, i'll have a look when i nip out to the shed later.

They definatly have a bracket of some description.

davey sprocket

Sorry chap, I forgot all about this.... you got it sorted??

I took the deflector off mine today and have photographed the brackets if you're still interested?

miamigtimark

^^^^^^That would be great. Thanks.^^^^^^^ :)

davey sprocket
^^^^^^That would be great. Thanks.^^^^^^^ :ph34r:

This is one of the side brackets.

th_DSC03005.jpg

The centre one kinda hooks into a slot and doesn't actually screw down to the sunroof mechanism anywhere.

th_DSC03006.jpg

The outer ones need attaching to the base plate of the sunroof plate in the position of the hole here, taken after the deflector was removed...

th_DSC03012.jpg

I realise I didn't take any pics of the brackets off the car. I can do so if the ones above don't make it clear.

miamigtimark

Thanks for that Davey. Can i be a real pain and ask if you can measure the size of clip for me and also where to drill into the roof (from a fixed point) as there are no holes drilled for mine (yet)