• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fatony1

Front Strut Part Number Help?

fatony1

Does anyone have an idea what the genuine Peugeot part number is for the item listed in this diagram as 'bearing' ?

309frontspringarrangement-1.jpg

Also is a Peugeot part only or could i get a pair from GSF/Euro car parts etc?

Its to fit a H-reg 1.9 GTI by the way

Edited by fatony1

Anthony

GSF do the bearings, but they're listed as ZX / Berlingo rather than 205 (or certainly they were last time I bought some)

jord294

i think the bearing is only part of the strut top mount kit.

i have seen them seperately somewhere. i think they might have been a peugeot sport part

welshpug

as Anthony said, GSF do them under part number N45710 at £9.50 each :rolleyes:

They fit most of the PSA range over the past 30 years, as well as many Renaults.

Edited by welshpug

pug_ham

You can buy them seperately from Peugeot if you look under the 306 parts listing but they are ~£25 each when I looked last week to see if we could find a quick solution for jimistdt's missing bearing from Pug.

Last time I got some from my local motorfactors I paid £20 for a pair of SKF bearings.

Graham.

qwertyuiop7

Sorry to hijack the thread, but the picture helps show exactly what i need to ask.

My 1.9Gti 92K has just failed its MOT for a broken front spring. I have been meaning to "refresh" the front suspension for sometime so now seems an ideal time to do it.

The struts are about £45 each and the springs £30 each from GSF, and the top bearings are about £20 a pair. I really want to be able to give the garage a pair of complete strut assemblies i.e. everything in the picture (minus the 3 nuts and washers to bolt it back to the suspension tower) to be sure its all be done and keep the costs down. Can i purchase a kit of bits that includes all the stuff you would normally swap over from the knackered strut i.e. the bumpstop, top spring pan, bearing, cup, top rubber bush, the top plate and the nut to fix it all together?? Or can i buy a complete strut assembly??

If its possible where is best to get it from and what do i ask for??

Thanks

Phil

woodsy

The dealer do a complete kit with everything shown in that pic although last time i got one few years back it was around £70.I got some skf bearings other day which are cheap from ECP and you could also get some GRP N top mounts.

pug_ham
Can i purchase a kit of bits that includes all the stuff you would normally swap over from the knackered strut i.e. the bumpstop, top spring pan, bearing, cup, top rubber bush, the top plate and the nut to fix it all together??

Jimistdt got two of these kits for his car quite recently so he'll know the number to ask for but afaik they are part number 5301.25 mounting assembly (service box price is £52.06 each) but I'm sure he paid less than that for them.

There is another mounting assembly listed (5031.55 (£26.50each) which is more along the price i thought Jimi said he'd paid.

These kits don't include the bump stop though which is part # 5033.27 (£15.32 each)

I'll point jimi this way to confirm.

Graham.