• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
craigmi16

Where To Get A Bung

craigmi16

hi my mate needs a bung for his mi16 ive looked on the bay etc but can find what im after

the bung is to go on the water housing at the back of the block as there is a spare opening and will have to be blanked off im not really sure about the size of the flute ill check at weekend but i was wondering where you would get these things from. i have one on my water housing and one on my thermostat housing for openings that are not in use anymore. they are made of rubber held on by a jubilee clip

i can go and take a pic if it would help with what i mean

thanks in advance

Craig

Miles

The bung's are found on some 306 TD, Can;t recall the number thou, But you can always fit the 8v Dist housing which saves any bung's or them failing

craigmi16
The bung's are found on some 306 TD, Can;t recall the number thou, But you can always fit the 8v Dist housing which saves any bung's or them failing

sorry what did u mean by the 8v dist housing

the distributor housing?

MerlinGTI

EDIT: I wear my Girlfriends undies when no ones watching

Edited by MerlinGTI

Cameron

Merlin I think Miles meant the water distribution housing at the back of the block. :wub:

MerlinGTI

Mwahahaa teach me to be a smart ass wont it :ph34r: Ignore me :wub:

craigmi16

ye the housing at the back of the block. im sure he tried a 8v gti 1 but ether i did not fit or the holes didnt line up for his water pipe kit not really sure.

would a gti 8v 1 fit?

Miles

Yes all 8v ones fit, Platic or Alloy

JeffR

Not sure where you'd get one in the UK, but the OEM part no. is-0245 16.

I've used them successfully on the Mi16 dist. block & return pipe behind the head with jubilee cilps & no leaks.

DrSarty
Not sure where you'd get one in the UK, but the OEM part no. is-0245 16.

I've used them successfully on the Mi16 dist. block & return pipe behind the head with jubilee cilps & no leaks.

I've used them before too; in fact there's one on my alloy distribution block on my 2.2, as even with less outlets on the alloy housing, if you don't use an oil-water heat exchanger (the donut thing on the front of the block with hoses in, which I don't believe you need on a road car in a temperate climate like the UK) then you still need to 'bung' one hole up.

With Jeff's part number I went wandering on Service Box and found out what it's on and where it can be found, if you want to rummage in scrap yards. Of course the alternative is to buy them new; they can't be much.....can they?

0245-16 is called a 'CHANNEL PLUG'

Peugeot 306 or 405 - or anything Citroen with an XU10J2, i.e. 2.0L iron block 8v petrol engine

Peugeot 306 - or anything Citroen with an XU7JP, i.e. 1.8 alloy block 8v petrol engine

Peugeot 306 - or anything Citroen with an XUD7, XUD9 or XUD9TE diesel/diesel turbo engine

Here's the little blighter on a 2.0L 8v: (Item #5)

captureys.jpg

And on a 1.8 8v: (Item #8)

capturecl.jpg

And on a diseasal with and without turbo: (Item #20 & #10 respectively)

capturezcb.jpg

captureiz.jpg

As you can see/you'd expect, they're all in the same place. :)

If I can find a breaker's yard that - like the good 'ol days - will let you roam around, I will go on a shopping spree and grab a few.

fatony1

Would one of those bungs be the right size to block the top right outlet on a header tank? :( (later style ph2 plastic type)

JeffR
Would one of those bungs be the right size to block the top right outlet on a header tank? :D (later style ph2 plastic type)

ID is 20.5mm