• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Henry 1.9GTi

Mi16 To Gti-6 Oil Pump Setup

Henry 1.9GTi

I am changing my oil pump setup on my Mi16 to a GTi-6 setup incorporating the pump itself, 52T chain, 26T gear wheel, chain gaurd and pump baffle.

So far on service box I have the following parts:

0000032622 BEARING SEAL

0000051354 PUMP CONTR PINN - 26T wheel. This is from XU10J4 rather then XU10J4RS as the GTi-6 one looks to be key locked to the crank. Are all these parts interchangeable?

0000100186 ENGINE OIL PUMP - Does this include the oil pump pickup and associated parts (not including the baffle - I already have this anyway)

0000104708 PANEL - Chain gaurd. Will I need the fixings to go with it?

0000103310 OIL PUMP CHAIN

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Henry.

Henry 1.9GTi

any ideas on the 26T wheel?

Miles

No idea on number's but you do need the slim wheel and not the keyed one unless you run adjustable top pullies as you need to swap the the GTi6 cam drive which is 1/2 tooth different to the S16/Mi16 one's, I would tend to go with the latter as it makes allot more sense than having the drive wheel clamped, Mind Zetec engine's don;t even have a keyed Cam chain/belt drive

Henry 1.9GTi

thanks Miles,

The camshaft pullies are adjustable. Although never fiddled with them before.

Am I right in thinking because of this I can use the GTi-6 26T wheel and therefore don't have to swap to the GTi-6 cam drive.

The Mi16 and GTi-6 wheels look like they seat in the lip seal, both having an extended cylindrical shaft. The lip seal dimensions and part number are the same for all models.

Anyway I'll order the GTi-6 stuff and once it's all apart I am sure it will make more sense :)

Also a quick one, wheres the best place for a cambelt/tensioner kit, can't find them on service box and pugspares dont stock a complete kit.

Cheers,

Henry.

welshpug

£50 ish from GSF :)

Miles

As said GSF for the Belt etc, Same as Pug but 1/4 of the price, Mind a Gti6 kit is only £80.00 from Pug

Henry 1.9GTi

quick bit of help please!

Fitted all the bits this weekend, have put a keyed GTi-6 26T sprocket on the end of the crank. And then put my Mi16 lower Cam belt pulley back on, think this is where I miss read your post Miles; do I need to change to the GTi-6 Cam Belt pulley?

The Mi16 one sits about 1.5mm further outboard; will this affect the belt run? Or is is imperitive to change to the GTi-6 cam belt pulley.

Another thought was to machine a 1.5mm deep groove in the Mi16 cam belt pulley slight larger diameter than the sprocket shaft on which the lip seal sits. Allowing the pulley to sit in its original position.

Any help much appreciated as the belt is going back on this weekend!

Cheers,

Henry.

petert

You've confused me a bit. I always use 051354 on either an XU9J* or XU10J4. It's just a straight swap and keeps everything else standard.

Miles

Yes if your using all the GTi6 parts then you will need the lower drive cog too, You can then adjust the differance out

Henry 1.9GTi

kool kool will order one today, only £25 from pug.

Yeh peter perhaps I should have gone for the slim wheel but I prefer the idea of a keyed wheel especially as the old one looks like it's been slipping.

I didnt have a clue how it all went together but getting it apart I now see what all the above posts mean haha :wub:

thanks for the help Miles always appreciated.

Henry.

Henry 1.9GTi

Was just looking up the part number on service box and looking at the alternator pulley, will my nice expensive Mi16 aluminium pulley fit to the GTi-6 cam belt drive pulley?? :/ please say yes

Cheers,

Henry.

Anthony

Nope - the crank pulley setup is completely different between Mi16/S16 and GTi-6 I'm afraid (GTi-6 is a single piece unit, vaguely like an 8v, whereas Mi16/S16 is a two piece unit whereby the inner piece is part of the cambelt drive)

Henry 1.9GTi

sigh :o

ok ordering a slim sprocket and taking it all aprt again........

Sign in to follow this