• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MerlinGTI

Shunt Box Shenanigans

MerlinGTI

Today I gave my TB / AFM a clean up, adjusted the throttle cable and set the mixture. I took off the shunt box and unplugged it to gain access...

Now im panicing if I plugged the connectors in right :P

It was cold and wasnt concertrating on the 'things in the way'.

I dont even know if it matters as its just a distrubution block really, but the two fuses got me wondering (to say electrics isnt my strong point would be an understatment)

The plugs do have offset locators on them as well, so is it even possible to plug them in the wrong order?

If someone could look at this pic, put my mind at rest then call me a d*ck head it would be great :P

shunt.jpg

On a completely unrelated matter plase read the below in the style of Katie Perry, 'I kissed a.....'

I adjusted my TPS... Did-nt like it!

My TPS had previously been setup wrong, so I did it right today and didnt like how the car drove so I put it back! It felt like it was massivly retarded for a sec on initial pull away, not its eager beaver self. It did sort the 'revs taking longer than I would like to drop' problem though, but at a cost. WTF? :lol:

Enough of my rantings.

DrSarty

The shunt box is like you say just a distribution box, i.e. it's a rail of metal with tabs off it for connectors. Therefore the order of connections doesn't matter.

However you could just look in the Haynes or even owner's handbook to see which circuit needs which of the 2 fuse ratings to be safe for just those 2 connections.

I'd shag Kate Perry but I really don't like the way she speaks; the same goes for Lily Allen. I'd have to 'gag' them both. :lol:

Super Josh

All the connectors are polarised, so you can't get it wrong :P

Oh you're a dickhead by the way :P :P :);)

Josh

MerlinGTI

Cheers guys :o

I had look in my (newely aquired! oooo) owners manual to find that the fan is fused here + ABS and AC (iirc). Well I only have one of those yet 2 fuses. Haynes scared the crap out of me with spegetti like diagrams. So Its good to know I cant mess it up :blink:

Thanks again.

Sign in to follow this