• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205*31*

Starter Motor

205*31*

whats the best starter motor to get I understand the 16v ones are great for the 8v gti, are these of the 306 gti6?

cheers.

quagmire

A diesel one.

205*31*
A diesel one.

cool cheers quagmire, where do i pick one of these starter motors from and how much we talking?

also did you have any luck finding the ecu temp sensor connector? and I will take the 1.9 throttle body of you.

give us a pm if you want.

lee.

Miles

I'd say avoid Derv one's as there's no need for them at all, THe late slim body ones are fine if not better.

Any Late 406 etc use them, just be careful is ordering a recon one as it's lucky dip to what you get

treesimon
I'd say avoid Derv one's as there's no need for them at all, THe late slim body ones are fine if not better.

Any Late 406 etc use them, just be careful is ordering a recon one as it's lucky dip to what you get

Miles,

Is there any way of making sure you are getting a like for like reconditioned starter?

I think there two different KW ratings for the gti-6 starters. how would you know which is which?

welshpug

check the code on the side, not sure which is which mind.

edit, I do now :lol:

1kw is D6RA16, D6RA38, D6RA66, D6RA661, ND111

1.2Kw, 186060, D6RA51, D6RA511, D6RA16, D6RA38, D6RA381, D6RA66, D6RA661

1.4 Kw is D6RA190.D6RA16, D6RA18, D6RA38, D6RA66, D6RA661, D6RA8

seems to be a crossover in the part numbers so unless they actually say on the units themselves I'm not sure how you'd tell them apart :lol:

they are used across all the later XU16v engines.

Edited by welshpug

Sign in to follow this