Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Ot- Anyone Done A Partner/berlingo Heater Matrix?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Tom Fenton

Tom Fenton
  • Team Managers
  • 7,808 posts
As title- has anyone done a Partner or Berlingo heater matrix, and more importantly, can it be done without removing the entire dash?

I know on a 306 it can apparently be done, and the Partner uses the same matrix as the 306...

Fingers crossed at this end...

Oh, and PS-

Has anyone tried and had a good result with this K-Seal stuff... :rolleyes:

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 25,366 posts
  • Name:Mei
306 cannot be done without removing the dash :rolleyes: (have done a few now, have to do my ZX soon too)

K-seal? urk...

Edited by welshpug, 23 March 2010 - 06:15 PM.

Jer309GTi

Jer309GTi
  • Drivers
  • 872 posts
  • Name:Jeremy
I'm hoping it can be done without removing the dash, as I think mine is just starting to leak, as you can smell antifreeze slightly when the matrix gets warm :lol:

You had a look in the Haynes? (If they do one for a Partner...?)

Tom Fenton

Tom Fenton
  • Team Managers
  • 7,808 posts
I have looked at the book, I quote "Remove the entire fascia as described in section 11"

Oh cock.

Jer309GTi

Jer309GTi
  • Drivers
  • 872 posts
  • Name:Jeremy
Oh joy! But then, I think on the phase 2 405 you are meant to remove the dash to change the matrix, but it is possible to do it with the dash left in. There maybe hope yet! I'll ask around and see if any garages nearby have done one

Tom Fenton

Tom Fenton
  • Team Managers
  • 7,808 posts
I'm still debating the K-seal option if I'm honest. Otherwise I guess I will be loosening the dash off hoping just to move it backwards enough to get at the matrix without removing the lot.

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 25,366 posts
  • Name:Mei
the amount you need to move the dash backwards enough to get at the matrix, places it in the load bay of a Partner/Berlingo :lol:

Rather than the k-seal I would opt for bypassing the matrix completely, if it does stop the leak (have heard of it not working) it usually renders the matrix useless anyway, just a length of hose fitted to the stubs that clip into the matrix sections that poke through the bulkhead will suffice if there's enough space.

Excuse the quality of the picture...

Posted Image

Edited by welshpug, 23 March 2010 - 10:32 PM.

Daviewonder

Daviewonder
  • Drivers+
  • 2,721 posts
  • Name:Dave
Garage View Garage
K-seal is very good stuff, seen many a C15 matrix "fixed" using it :lol:

richsmells

richsmells
  • Drivers
  • 1,671 posts

Excuse the quality of the picture...

Posted Image

Oh s*it. I can see myself having some fun in the near future. The 205 was easy. :lol:

KRISKARRERA

KRISKARRERA
  • Pitcrew
  • 4,870 posts
Garage View Garage
405 was easy too, though for the past 3 years I've been driving around with no glovebox :lol:

brian j

brian j
  • Drivers
  • 261 posts
  • Name:Brian

I'm still debating the K-seal option if I'm honest. Otherwise I guess I will be loosening the dash off hoping just to move it backwards enough to get at the matrix without removing the lot.

I used it to fix a weeping head gasket on my 130 diesel 205 a couple of years back. Neither me, nor the next owner ever had any bother thereafter. If it isn't an engine that is exotic or prone to running hot I think it is a reasonable medium-term workaround for small leaks.

Definitely better than rad-weld etc.