• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MrG

L And M Reg Gti's?

MrG

Just curious as in one of the books I have it was saying most late cars were made 'to order only' and were available late into 94. Does anyone own one at all?

2-Pugs

I have an 'L' reg. Not sure about the made to order thing tbh. The 1.9 GTI was still in production when L reg came along (August 93) and there's plenty of L reg cars around so I doubt that they were made to order as such. There are reportedly six 'M' reg 1.9 GTIs, I did see one a few years ago, but I had always assumed these were essentially leftovers that just so happened to be registered after August '94 and nothing particularly special therefore.

Edited by 2-Pugs

blessed6383
Just curious as in one of the books I have it was saying most late cars were made 'to order only' and were available late into 94. Does anyone own one at all?

my mate use to have a miami blue L reg gti so i have seen them sure there is few on here

McDude

I used to have a Miami L-Reg

It was very nice, but I don't think anything unusual or made to order about it.

CaptainK

I have a graphite grey L reg one and when it was damaged in an accident a while back the repairs looked up the chassis number on their system and found mine to be the 14th to last one made. :P

I can't prove it either way, but thats what I was told. And this thread has reminded me that I still haven't PM'd some info to someone who was asking about my late reg car. Sorry ! :o

EDIT: forgot to say that it was all fixed after the accident (2001) and is fine and running a GTi6 now.

Edited by CaptainK

Baz

A couple of friend's have had them, a black and a blue one.

Slow.

MrG

cat equiped I expect then Baz?

I think it said after 93 if you wanted one it was to order as they didn't stock them built and you'd have to wait while they built it with parts they had at the end of the run. Nothing different to the normal late cars though I imagine. But I've never seen an M registered 205 GTI hence the question.

welshpug

slow but probably run far better than the older gti's :ph34r:

Ant

A scrappy near me had an M reg GTi back in about 2003 / 2004 as a break only... So thats one less :ph34r:

pp205

There was a White M reg one in Exeter that I used to see around. Very strange seeing the M on the reg plate. Unfortunately the guy who owned had it written off I think when his girlfriend crashed it. It then got broken for spares and I think I had the alternator out of it! I am sure he told me there were 8 of them on a M plate in the country - definately 1 less now!

large

Non gti but I past a P reg the other day.

MrG

I've just re-read the page in the book and it states that these cars were available whilst stocks last from mid 1993 on, and they just used the parts they had to build the remaining cars ordered then that was it, so not built to order but close I suppose!

Edited by MrG

Miles

My mates got a few L plates, one is being sold at the moment but it's got a body kit and a Mi engine in it.

They are more prone to rust allot more than the earler car's, Even the K plates are like it.

But the interior trim is better

maxi

I know of a very battered looking steel grey 1900 gti on an M plate, keeping one on it....:)

Maxi

kilauea

I agree with Miles, I had an L and it was way rustier than my current F reg.

MrG

I must admit, I'd like an M plated GTI. Don't know why so don't ask!!

pug_ham

I saw an R reg white non sunny base model a few weeks ago on my way home from the Lakes trip & I don't think it was a diesel. :)

Looked very clean with some old dude driving it.

Had a big grin on his face though.

Graham.

Alfie

Mines an L reg. Registered November '93. Reg no ends PMC. I'm told by a work colleque that was a Peugeot employee, that it's supposed to denote a Peugeot staff car. ?

Edited by Alfie

omega

id like a n reg one as i have a nice plate that could go on but only seen diesels on n reg

Jemehan
id like a n reg one as i have a nice plate that could go on but only seen diesels on n reg

I had a L reg 1.9 CTI, good car...

Richie

An M reg GTI, thats got to be the only one, shirley?

Edited by Richie

MrG

I reckon so, but chances of finding one (especially one of eight registered in 94) is going to be tough.

Miles

NE London Reg that one, SO no chance, Most Pug reg's are KV's or AC's

Last Legend

According to my own research my car is the last RHD 205 GTI,there was one later car according to the PSOOC but on tracking it down through the DVLA it turned out to be a diesel,there will be cars that were registered later IE; 1994.

Baz
My mates got a few L plates, one is being sold at the moment but it's got a body kit and a Mi engine in it.

Forgot about that one, i've known that car for about 4-5 years now!