• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Oigen

Fuses Box Relays Question

Oigen

Hi,

Does anybody knows what relays should be here? My car doesn't have the left one, are just two blanks there.

post-4604-1274537903_thumb.jpg

Thanks for any replies

ade 4wd

Going from left to right:-

1-Driving lights

2-Not used on a 205

3-Front screen wiper delay

4-Indicator/Hazard

5-Electric windows

6-Heated rear window

Oigen

Is it possible that the second one to be for heated seats? I know that in cold countries it was available this option. I am asking this because I am trying to fit heated seats on my car. I discovered that if I put a relay in this position is working exactly like the one for electric windows and does a "click" when I start the engine. Also I discovered that this relay is needed for the blank conection with 3 pins above the first relay.

Any ideas?

Edited by Oigen

ade 4wd

Yes you could use the second relay for heated seats but i dont have the wiring diagram.

Capn. Pugwash
Yes you could use the second relay for heated seats but i dont have the wiring diagram.

I've got the diagram at home so I can check for you tonight. I used this relay position to run a second fuel pump with a surge tank. For memory, it receives power through fuse 4 and the other 3 connections are on a white plug on the left hand side of the box. I'll check tonight and let you know, but it works perfectly for my application :D

Oigen

post-4604-1274776330_thumb.jpg

From what I have checked... This relay(second one from left to right) operates when I start the engine just like the one for electric windows and it gives +12V on pin number 3 from the blank 3 pins plug(picture attached). Pin number 1 and 2 from this plug have +12V with or without this relay. This relay receives power trough fuse number 3 May you upload the wiring diagram for this relay please?

Many thanks,

Capn. Pugwash
From what I have checked... This relay(second one from left to right) operates when I start the engine just like the one for electric windows and it gives +12V on pin number 3 from the blank 3 pins plug(picture attached). Pin number 1 and 2 from this plug have +12V with or without this relay. This relay receives power trough fuse number 3 May you upload the wiring diagram for this relay please?

Many thanks,

Here we are :rolleyes: You can see my annotations on the second diagram for the fitment of a second fuel pump. I was a bit surprised that these diagrams only feature in the Haynes Owners Workshop manual (which incidentally, I can't find a PDF of anywhere!) and not in the Haynes Service and Repair Manual (of which I can find heaps of links for!)

205_Relay_and_fuse_board_layout.pdf

Edited by Capn. Pugwash

welshpug

I think the 2nd slot from the left is used in the 309 for the horn relay, this is in the engine bay of a 205 if memory serves me correct.

Capn. Pugwash

Any idea where abouts in the engine bay? ;)

Edited by Capn. Pugwash

ade 4wd

A far as i know only 1.9 205s that had a air horn had a relay. The relay can be found in the engine bay next to the header tank.

Dariooo
Here we are ;) You can see my annotations on the second diagram for the fitment of a second fuel pump. I was a bit surprised that these diagrams only feature in the Haynes Owners Workshop manual (which incidentally, I can't find a PDF of anywhere!) and not in the Haynes Service and Repair Manual (of which I can find heaps of links for!)

Hi

Have you maybe got some more wiring diagram or only a number of wire and where are they going?

I'm would check if it's everything ok with wire for relay of indicator and hazard...do you maybe know where are going some of four wire? I have a problem with hazard and indicator. They not work :)

Thank you

Oigen

Hi,

With the diagram from Capn. Pugwash and the diagrams from Haynes you can see whre the wires are going and their numbers.

Hope this pdf will help you...

Body electrical system - Haynes

Edited by Oigen

rubyna

edit

Edited by rubyna