• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
crossflow

Cable Operation For Be3 Gearbox

crossflow

I'm just seen did peugeot ever have cable operated gear stick for the be3 box on any other peugeot??

Ryan

Some versions of the 806.

crossflow

Can anybody else shed some light on this for me please i have done the search and came up with one topic that did cover bits and pieces, but there no feed back if it's worth doing or not, or any pictures for help

RossD

You may be able to mount the cable mechanism from a BE4 box onto a BE3. The 406 and Citroen Picasso are a couple of examples that use a BE4 box with cable shifters.

I did try to put the cable shift onto my 205, but with the cables being far too long it didnt work. With shortened cables I reckon it would have much improved the shift quality.

wracing

I'm running cable operated linkage on my twin turbo with a 6 speed box, cable perfect length and very smooth gear change, no linkage consuming half of the exaust tunnel :lol:

James

crossflow

Thanks for the replies lads, i think i have found a nice cable setup for myself

weejimmy

what did you go for?

crossflow

I've gone for the 406 one with custom cables been made to suit the position of the gear lever

weejimmy

what did you do on the gearbox end? did you make up a bracket oe did you find one that bolted on?

crossflow

Found the oe one to bolt onto my gearbox from a 406.

weejimmy

what 406? i tryd the 2.1 td but wouldnt bolt to the box, hardly suprising as its a difrent gearvox altogether.

crossflow

Just went to the scrappers and found one don't know what type of 406 as the engine had been pulled from the car.

M@tt

can you take some pics? this sounds pretty interesting

RossD

Only the facelift 406's - (2000 onwards) with a BE4 box had cable operation, the older ones seem to have had rods like the 205\306 etc.

You'll probably need the complete gearstick\cable box and fit that to the 205 as well. It just about fits if you make a small adaptor bracket to enable it to be bolted to the 205 shell. I did this when I did my BE4 conversion last year, but took it all off again after finding the cables were that bit too long. With some shorter cables it's really a bolt on job within reason!

joe1joe

well after driving 80 miles round trip today to get the system of an synergie to soon learn it had the wrong type! and had a look round the scrappy to look at the 406 which had rod system along with the 405. ross d would this be the right lengh to have the gear stick mounted up near the steering wheel like a civic ??? would it fit my be3 as pretty sure it needs to be a petrol (i have peuget parts list)

Edited by joe1joe

weejimmy

i already have the gear stick and cables mounted, that was the easy bit,

just i made a bracket up to hold the cables at the gearbox end.

but id prefer a standard bolt on one, the one of the 2.1 td box didnt fit the 205 gearbox.

DRTDVL

can someone take some photo's for me?

Hilgie

post-125-1278505468_thumb.jpg

post-125-1278505026_thumb.jpg

post-125-1278505036.jpg

weejimmy

what gear box is that?

looks like 205 one but all the gubbins on the top for the selector arms is diffrent.

or did you swap them from the 406 box some how?

Hilgie

yes, that's what I did exactly. All the control stuff from a 806 BE3 box onto a 1.9Rallye BE3 box.

lahondal

Hi from Spain!

I have a rallye 205 GTI with cable-shift. I pick the complet sistem from a peugeot Expert, its a direct mount. It have good "taste"?? (I dont know if is correct english)...it feels like expert gearshift.. :D

Here some old pics...now is finished...but i have no more photos...

k21nvt.jpg

vil18l.jpg

2h4dno6.jpg

Un saludo!

Edited by lahondal

lukesaddy

lahondal, your dashboard is amazing, top marks for effort and originality :)

lahondal

Thanks!

marksorrento205

lahondal, as above, looks really good :)

lahondal

Thanks!

What means "effort"?

Un saludo.

Sign in to follow this