• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
B1ack_Mi16

Re-using Mls Headgaskets

B1ack_Mi16

As I ripped the head off my race engine yesterday and have a shortage of time till I need it running again I need to assemble it with the old headgasket.

It's a cometic MLS one.

I've been reading of some sealants to spray the gasket with before assembly, both Permatex Copper gasket spray and Hylomar Blue gasket spray.

Anyone on here any experience with either of the above, or any similar products for this use?

rescue dude

As long as the gasket is undamaged they can be re-used.

sideways danny

I've re-used many MLS gaskets. I always use wellseal on them. It's brush on but was designed by rolls royce for sealing copper gaskets on aero engines

Tom Fenton

Wellseal is good gear, I also use it.

Spiky

would never re use one.

infact i would never use one ever again, after one caused me to have a destroyed cossie engine, and they arent cheap

B1ack_Mi16

Ok I got my hands on Permatex Copper Gasket spray and will give it a go.

Just spray all the gasket surfaces with a tiny layer before assembly and see how it goes :D

Beastie
Wellseal is good gear, I also use it.

It will feel like top gear, let alone good gear if you use it in an unventilated area! Excellent product it is though!

Sign in to follow this