• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Obey_R

Fitting Remote Central Locking

Obey_R

From what I've read searching, and about various alarms/central locking kits, the drivers side door has just a switch to tell the pass. door and boot to lock. A few alarms I have seen say that if the central locking only works from the drivers door (like the 205) then I would need to replace the motor with a 2 wire one? Some say they work with all central locking systems that work on negative.

There was a thread I read about fitting a new motor to the drivers side which will work from the alarm, then using the original system to work the passengers door and boot, from the new motor?

What's the best way of doing it? :(

Toddy

If you search for Anthony + Toad AI606 it should show the thread where in phase two cars the remote central locking module is located to the left hand side of the steering column, this should help you.

Obey_R
For those of you with Phase 2 GTi's with remote central locking as standard, I'll save you the hassle of working out the wiring - it's a negative pulse based system, and you need to connect the LOCK wire from the alarm (grey) to pin 8 of the underdash locking relay (on the side of the steering column), and the UNLOCK (blue) to pin 6.

That's the biscuit! Thanks, took me a while to find it!

Link here for future reference

So I assume it would be the same even if it's not an Ai606? Just connect the lock/unlock wires to the relay and that's it? Plus the alarm/immob. bits?

Edited by Obey_R