• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dch1950

Covers & Trim

dch1950

Hi everyone,

After many weeks of to-ing and fro-ing between myself and my fabric supplier it looks as though I may be able to offer some samples of my "Quintet" fabric in green. It has been a somewhat tortuous journey - but I am assured that the quality is good. We shall see. As soon as I get it I will post the pictures on my web site.

General prototyping has also been a pain as I have had to modify (several times) the patterns for the rear seats. Once I am happy with the results then I will be able to move on towards actual production.

Judging by recent responses to my suggestions I also think that a 1/2 leather seat with Alcanatara inserts will be rather tasty. Based on todays prices (17.5% VAT) this would mean an extra £30 per individual seat to use Alcanatara instead of my "Quintet" fabric.This would be over and above the basic seat ( using Quintet and leather. my product code - GT100H).

Many thanks to "Gentrix" and Johnny Goodhand for their kind supply of insert embroidery graphics (rest assured - a special discount will be applied if you order my seat covers!). It has been a long haul over the past 9 months and I am now more than ever convinced of the practicality of my venture.

Keep the faith.

regards

Dave Hickman

jeremy

Alacantara, I think this is the same material as used for the centre peice on Discovery seats. If so and it is the same type of specification ie wear hardy then avoid like the plague. I looked at a Disco with 93k on it and it looked like a string vest, and apparently this is not uncommon.

dch1950
Alacantara, I think this is the same material as used for the centre peice on Discovery seats. If so and it is the same type of specification ie wear hardy then avoid like the plague. I looked at a Disco with 93k on it and it looked like a string vest, and apparently this is not uncommon.

I appreciate your input here Jeremy - but Alcantara is a high spec industrial fabric used on a wide variety of passenger vehicles as a seat insert. I have no idea what fabric is fitted to Land Rovers - but suspect it isn't genuine Alcantara. This is a long established quality fabric and most certainly would not be fitted on the basis that it fell apart.

best regards

Dave

Miles

Peugeot ones are the same, look at any 405, 306 etc and it wear's, I know the best but I think worst seat was the 1988>1990 1.6 tweed seat trim, I've never seen this worn, LOL

jackherer

I had a Xantia with Alcantara seats that were still in perfect condition after 100k miles usage as a workhorse so it can last well. When I sold it the buyer had never heard of Alcantara seat coverings so I was a bit surprised when he filled the V5 in and his surname was Alcantara...

dch1950

Gentlemen,

after much delay I have today received the green variant of my "Quintet" material. This has been a real pain to get developed and my fabric manufacyturer has spent a lot of time and effort on this. 4 colour shades are shown (on my site gallery) so if you feel that you want to have a look please do so and leave me your comments. I feel I should be able to cover most seat combinations now with this latest fabric variant.

For my own part I have still to find a good quality hide supplier who can maintain colour and thickness over different batches. Will be going into Brum again soon to tote my samples and compare against stock, hopefully something will turn up before Xmas

Keep the faith.

Dave Hickman

allye
Peugeot ones are the same, look at any 405, 306 etc and it wear's, I know the best but I think worst seat was the 1988>1990 1.6 tweed seat trim, I've never seen this worn, LOL

Indeed! Mine are in perfect nic, I'm considering dying them black if that's possible?

dch1950

Hi all,

I have now settled on the green variant of my "Quintet" fabric. I have picked sample 419 from this group of 4 sent to me yesterday. Only the hide supplier to get sorted, and the wire insert kits, and the ........I'll get there.

regards

Dave

cRaig

Looking good :) Congrats on getting the green sorted

dch1950
Looking good :) Congrats on getting the green sorted

Hi cRaig,

yes - it was a real struggle for some reason (un beknownst to me) and took 7 weeks to get it sorted. I really do not feel inclined to try for the blue though! Now the colour and patterns are pretty well as I want them I now have to work on the material properties with a textile technologist i.e. abrasion testing and also ,to a lesser extent, fireproofing properties. I must admit that as I get further in to this venture the more I learn everyday (have to learn that is) but It will be worth it.

regards

Dave