• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Wallby

Twin 40 Weber Set Up

Wallby

I have recently purchased a set of twin 40 weber carbs and manifold for my 205 rallye. I am going to try and fit them this weekend but need some advice on the vaccum take off for the brake servo. On the solex that is on there currently there is a take off coming from the manifold and going to the brake servo, but there is no take off on my new manifold. Do I need to modify my new manifold to include a take off? Or can I use 1 of the vaccum take offs on the carbs themselves? They are weber DCOE 40 151s if that makes any difference?

Also, I believe Im going to have to modify the engine mount in order to fit the new carbs, will it be ok to cut the mount and take off 1 of the 3 bolts and just use the 2 that are out of the way? I will hopefuly be getting a custom engine mount in the future but not straight away!

Thanks,

Rhys

Tandoh

With my manifokd i had to drill a hole, tap it, and i hen screwed the brake servo vaccum in.

I used a 'modified' engine mount that was cut ofc as you said. It lasted about a month, and then the two bolts snapped! I think i was unlucky to be honest, but i got a custom engine mount made that uses 5 bolts :P

Good luck and enjoy the noise!!.........(and your new fuel consumption lol)

Wallby

Where did you get your custom mount made? Did you design it yourself?

trogboy

Where did you get your custom mount made? Did you design it yourself?

I have what you need. Custom steel top engine mount and a modified water pump housing for a TU block which allows clearance for fitting twin webers. It could do with a paint but otherwise in good condition. Interested?

Ad

Wallby

Yep I'm definately interested! Could you get some pics for me? How much?

• Like 1

RallyeP6

If you are going to cut the original mount and use two bolts, you have to drive carefully, don't floor the throttle or drop the clutch at high revs to often as it will sheer one of the two bolts and the other will work its way loose.

Best use that as a temporary fix.

You will as Tandoh said have to drill and tap a fitting into the manifold, the take off from the carb will be too small.

Ad, have you got a picture of that engine mount we can see please.

Rouben.

Wallby

I did think that the take off from the carbs would be too small but wanted to check before I started drilling the manifold.

Theres not much point in putting the carbs on if I have to drive it carefully! I use it on track too so think its best that I get a proper setup for the mount.

trogboy

Ad, have you got a picture of that engine mount we can see please.

Yep,

Mount photo #1

Mount photo #2

modified water pump housing

As you can see it makes use of the 3 no. threaded holes on the O/S end of the water pump housing to reinforce the two remaining studs. It needs a bit of paint as it's a bit chipped. Try as i might I couldn't ever break it!

Edited by trogboy

Wallby

I now have another problem! After spending the last few hours taking the old solex carb and manifold off, it seems as though my new manifold doesn't fit!

ef5b0ba6.jpg

The new manifold is a chadil PEU-2956 (http://chadil.be/en/intakemanifolds?page=1&filter0=PEUGEOT) which is for a tu 106 rallye. I think I have the original uk rallye engine but not completley sure.

I now need to find out what engine I have in my car and source a new maniold! Also, the old carb and manifold had water channels running through it, how can these be blocked up in the head?

Cheers!

gtmotorsport

The 106 tu heads are different to the 205 tu heads, the bolt pattern is slightly different and I believe the port spacing is as well. I guess you have already discovered this now for yourself.

If you do come to a point where you want to sell the manifold a friend could be interested with a 106 quicksilver thing.

Wallby

Yep, found this out the hard way. I might be interested in selling if I can find a good manifold to fit my engine. Anyone know of any?