• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chipstick

Header Blockage Bung

chipstick

I am about to fit my Baker BM hoses, and I am using the Ph1 header tank. After realising I don't have enough hoses for all the expansion tank outlets, I have had a search and realise I need to block the 3rd outlet off.

The easiest way to get around this would be to use a ph2 tank?, but I want the quicker option of blocking it off. I see someone mentioned a ZX airbox bung :lol: Is this the best route? Do Citroen sell them new? A part number would be appreciated if anyone uses Citroen's version of servicebox.

As it is going to be under some pressure I want to use something fairly substantional that doesn't fly off and leave me at the side of the road!

:)

Edited by chipstick

welshpug

phase 2 black header tank has the same number of ports, so fitting that wont help, the level sensor works differently anyway so you can't use it.

what size is the port you need blocking?

Stu

I used the bit you have to chop off the heater hose and a dump valve bung i had knocking around ;)

Edited by Stu

marksorrento205

Post up what size you need. I have a list here of a selection of differnt size pug blanks

chipstick

Some good options!

Post up what size you need. I have a list here of a selection of differnt size pug blanks

The metal end is 15mm

And the lower plastic bit is 17-18mm

marksorrento205

Both these are female blanks to blank off a male outlet

14mm 131984

17mm 135504

(pug part no's )

chipstick

That is bloomin fantastic! Thanks for that :)

welshpug

131984 isnt a bung, its a clip :unsure:

135510 is a bung though, £2.53.

135504 is £2.20.

chipstick

I am going to go for the 135504 17mm varient and cut off the narrower metal end if needed.

Will see how it goes and report back.

marksorrento205

131984 isnt a bung, its a clip :unsure:

135510 is a bung though, £2.53.

135504 is £2.20.

Correct welshy. My mistake!! I read the part no from the line below on my list :(

Sign in to follow this