• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Eliganza

Gti 6 Induction Kit

Eliganza

Hi guys, done a search but I can't find anything useful. I need an induction kit for my gti6 conversion; I literally have nothing of the original air box/trunking though. If I buy a K & N for example, is this going to fit, or am I going to need the standard airbox trunking to fit breathers etc? No ridiculing please haha.

Sam

welshpug

the standard airbox wont fit in a 205 but a K&N for a gti6 will fit just fine.

Anthony

Some people just get an appropriate sized generic filter and put it directly on the end of the throttle body, rather than using a specific kit.

Have a look at some of the completed 205 GTi-6 conversion projects and you'll get the idea.

Eliganza

Thanks for the speedy reply my friend.

chipstick

You want a 76mm silicon hose coming off the inlet. I used one approx 3 inches long. Then a 76mm 306 GTi6 K&N cone fitted on the end of that. This was enough to avoid the chassis leg area, and the smaller GTi6 specific cone was narrow enough to avoid the 306 battery box I used. Check my thead in my sig for pics of what I did.

You can put the filter directly on the end of the inlet, but if you are using a BBM top rad hose which sits underneath the area, the filter will be forced up at a funny angle hence the silicone hose being used to extend the inlet slightly.

For the ICV breather that traditionally Tee's off into the induction pipe, I used a small breather filter from eBay.

Edited by chipstick
  • Like 1

Para

Where is the best place to get that filter for a good price ? Would Ebay be the best option ?

chipstick

eBay was the cheapest I found. Was less than £5 delivered and a good quality. Needs to specifically be a filter, not a breather

allye

You can see here how I have done it, however I will be changing it soon for a smaller filter and longer connector hose so I can have the ICV hose going into.

P1010213.jpg

Edited by allye

ross009

chipstick your inlet manifold looks really good where did you get it done?

cheers

SurGie

Make sure you put some of the protective filter oil on to stop dirt and water from getting in.

chipstick

chipstick your inlet manifold looks really good where did you get it done?

cheers

Local powdercoaters. Not sure they courier stuff though. But i'm sure there is a competent place in your local area if you look in the yellow pages.

Or you could send me yours with return postage and some beers :lol:

Saying that I do have a spare inlet I was going to get powdercoated and sell :ph34r:

Eliganza

Wow, you guys have been more than helpful in this thread, appreciate it. I went for a universal (76mm) K & N from Demontweeks, was considerably cheaper than the 'bespoke' GTI6 ones. Do we know what size that little breather filter is? I didn't think about that.

ross009

Local powdercoaters. Not sure they courier stuff though. But i'm sure there is a competent place in your local area if you look in the yellow pages.

Or you could send me yours with return postage and some beers :lol:

Saying that I do have a spare inlet I was going to get powdercoated and sell :ph34r:

i cant send mine away as its my daily, would maybe interested in buying one if you got your spare powder coated how much does the poder coating cost? will have a hunt round for a local place in the mean time. just didnt realise the powder coating would resist the heat.

cheers

SurGie

Yes but does not resist fuel on it, it needs heat to cure the powder.

Para

Wow, you guys have been more than helpful in this thread, appreciate it. I went for a universal (76mm) K & N from Demontweeks, was considerably cheaper than the 'bespoke' GTI6 ones. Do we know what size that little breather filter is? I didn't think about that.

Get yourself also a nice K&N set of sprays for cleaning the filter. It comes handy !

chipstick

I had to use the 306 K&N as it was narrow enough to avoid my battery box placement. Even when the battery ducting bit was cut off it is still close.

The little filter is 18mm ID

It stretches over the the existing ICV pipe with some minor persuasion.

chipstick

i cant send mine away as its my daily, would maybe interested in buying one if you got your spare powder coated how much does the poder coating cost? will have a hunt round for a local place in the mean time. just didnt realise the powder coating would resist the heat.

cheers

For it to be bead blasted and powdercoated was £40. Which I thought was good value considering how prominent it is in the bay and I didn't want it to mark easily.

Birdie

I've got a pipercross viper filter, sounds really good.

harryskid

It does not matter coated or not they look ugly great things and when mine was done it looked like sh*t. Stupid bend with filter collecting hot air and the bloody great ugly thing waiting to bash the rad, it would'nt have lasted 10 mins rallying it . Throttle bodies is the way plus on the up side more bhp !

Para

I've got a pipercross viper filter, sounds really good.

+1

Sign in to follow this