• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cleggy

205 Gti Auto?

cleggy

ive just been out and purchased my latest 205 to add to the number of them ive had over the years. Its a 1.9 k plate in graphite grey and the car seems a bit of a mystery to me, the car has been owned all its life by a couple now elderly. When i opened the door i was suprised to see it was an auto does anybody know of any other cars that have an auto box? also is it worth out

Para

First of all identify the car correctly. That is more likely 205 Gentry with automatic gearbox (don't confuse that with GTI version), they share the same side mouldings but there is a lot of difference between them.

There is a possibility that this is 1.9 GTI with optional automatic gearbox as anyone could order one for 205 at the time of purchase.

Is it worth it ? Hard to tell, it depends how big of a fan you are wink.gif

omega

ive just been out and purchased my latest 205 to add to the number of them ive had over the years. Its a 1.9 k plate in graphite grey and the car seems a bit of a mystery to me, the car has been owned all its life by a couple now elderly. When i opened the door i was suprised to see it was an auto does anybody know of any other cars that have an auto box? also is it worth out

they are fairly rare but i think they have a detuned engine[not sure about this though].is it low miles?think we need pics!

cleggy

its not in the gentry colours tho and has the 1.6 interior and wheels and that. Its only had one owner so dont think its been messed with. its badged up gti the works. also has grey body trim although im not sure if this has been bleached by the sun

Edited by cleggy

cleggy

they are fairly rare but i think they have a detuned engine[not sure about this though].is it low miles?think we need pics!

its on 90 ish, ill bang a few photos up tomorrow, after it gets delivered, the old bloke who a got it from reckoned there was only 20 about

eddie bullit

Is it one of those destined for the japanese market? Sounds like it. I seem to remember a number of 205 and 309s that were sold here after a cancelled order.

Edited by eddie bullit

cleggy

Is it one of those destined for the japanese market? Sounds like it.

do you mean u think its been imported?

Para

Send me VIN numbers and I will tell you was it automatic or manual originally.

cleggy

vin no. vf320cdf424083126

engine number cw8r0000208

cleggy

vin vf320cdf424083126

engine number cw8r0000308

Richie

Is it one of those destined for the japanese market? Sounds like it. I seem to remember a number of 205 and 309s that were sold here after a cancelled order.

That was my first thought tbh.

eddie bullit

do you mean u think its been imported?

I think they were manufactured for Japan but were cancelled prior to export. They then sent em here to flog :lol:

cleggy

I think they were manufactured for Japan but were cancelled prior to export. They then sent em here to flog :lol:

so surely he's got it wrong and there is more than 20 then

Para

vin vf320cdf424083126

engine number cw8r0000308

Yes, it is original automatic from the factory.

Richie

does it have air con?

BERTMAN

i thought all the japanese auto's were 1992 on a 'K' plate?

Miles

1.9 k plate, Will be a Jap spec one, 105 bhp with the ZF 4 speed Auto, 1.6 Seats and running gear and it should have A/C

cleggy

yeah it has got a/c and the 1.6 seats and wheels! so its detuned to 105bhp?

cleggy

also is it rare?

Miles

Not de-tuned at all, It's a Small Valve head with huge chambers and flat top pistons, It's belt safe too.

Rare, well sort of but it's something of nothing really with that spec so money wise it's worth less than a normal 1.6 GTi

cleggy

Not de-tuned at all, It's a Small Valve head with huge chambers and flat top pistons, It's belt safe too.

Rare, well sort of but it's something of nothing really with that spec so money wise it's worth less than a normal 1.6 GTi

bastard thing has just set on fire!!

Fox

I don't think that should have been a factory fitted extra!

cleggy

I don't think that should have been a factory fitted extra!

shorted on the interior light, now its a proper mess headlining has gone sunroof shattered two front seats gear selector surround.

jackherer

It should have blown the fuse long before then really, unless someone has fitted an incorrect amperage fuse perhaps?

johnnyboy666

ah you've gotta love finding the 'quirks' of a newly purchased 205, never had one set on fire yet though!