• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Mr Bob

Anyone Changed An S16 Head Gasket Lately?

Mr Bob

I've fnally got round to sorting out the cylinder head for my S16 engine from my crash last year, so far everything seems good but I have bought new head bolts and washers as I threw out the old ones.

I bought new washers from citroen the other day (part number 0205 47) the ones I took out were 22mm over all with a 12mm hole and 3mm thick, the ones citroen gave me are 22mm over all 12mm hole but only 2 mm thick but the bag has 0205 47 part number on it

Anyway my question is is it safe to use them? I know its only 1mm out but I dont want to bottom out the headbolts and crank into water/oil ways in the block, should I use 1mm washer to shim it out?

Thanks

welshpug

should be fine, do your new bolts have washers on them as well?

Mr Bob

should be fine, do your new bolts have washers on them as well?

th_Photo0528.jpg

Is the bolts I have bought, there exactly the same as the bolts I took out.

There is no seperte washer with them just the flared 'washer like' bit bellow the head of the bolt, if thats what you mean?

Mad Scientist

You could always check.

Put a bolt with washer in the head, pull it through from underneath, and measure how much protrudes.

Screw the bolt into the block the same amount, and make sure it doesn't hit the bottom of the hole. Remember, the head gasket is about a mm thick too.

However, I'm sure they will be fine!

Mr Bob

You could always check.

Put a bolt with washer in the head, pull it through from underneath, and measure how much protrudes.

Screw the bolt into the block the same amount, and make sure it doesn't hit the bottom of the hole. Remember, the head gasket is about a mm thick too.

However, I'm sure they will be fine!

Now why didnt I think of that :blush:

great idea thanks, I'll give it a go

Mr Bob

Thanks for the advice, checked it out and theres a good 5mm left on the bolt :)

Just need to pluck up the courage to refit the head now (never done this before) I hope everything goes well (expect more daft question soon)

Thanks again, Bob

Sign in to follow this