• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

MiniGibbo

Removing A '93 Dash.

MiniGibbo

Just wondering really of there's anything to look out for or any certain order to remove the dash, I've done it on other cars but never a 205.

If it matters, it's too remove the sound deading and see if I can resolve my earthing issue..

• Like 1

daneldridge23

just be very gentle i only have to look at my phase 1 and it breaks!

dan

MiniGibbo

I'm guessing it's like the rest of the car in the way it's old brittle and seized :/

MiniGibbo

started this today, was going fine until i came to this hurdle.. it seems someone has attempted this before and broke the trim (so thatll be replaced) but i want to take it out the proper way so i know how to replace it when the time comes.

SDC14434.jpg

Any advice?

• Like 1

MiniGibbo

Ok that seems a little unclear of what im trying to undo as its all hanging lol..

im trying to remoce the fascia, it seems to be held in by the matrix controls but they seem "tight" as if they stay put and the trim comes around them?

• Like 1

dcc

pull the twisty knobs off, 2 screws behind there, maybe 4 screws actually.

MiniGibbo

Cheers mate youre a ledgend!

pug_ham

There is a 10mm bolt under the triangle cover above the heater vents, two 10mm nuts in the engine bay under the scuttle panel by the wiper motor / linkages & 1 x 10mm nut at each side under the dash by the door pillars.

g

MiniGibbo

Thats answers my next question then as im now at this stage having undone the 10mm bolt each end but am stuck lol..

SDC14439.jpg

Ive got to give it to peugeot they defiantly didnt want it coming loose....

Simes

Drop the steering column down and out of the way.

Discostu

You will also need to take the scuttle panel off from under the windscreen (external of the car). There are also 2 x 10mm bolts under there where the dash bolts through the bulkhead

Stu

Lowercase

bloody hell Matt, glad you flagged this up. i nearly snapped my center console trim too whilst trying to get it off.

Edited by DaSneakyGit

jackherer

The Haynes is worth using the first time you remove a dash, it is actually covered surprisingly well IMO.

BlueBolt

I'm feeling the "how to" guide in the making as a result of this thread... Mines already half apart so this thread has been plenty more than helpful already :)

Edited by BlueBolt

welshpug

indeed, a simple rtfm applies here!!!

BlueBolt

"rtfm"

???

(null)

allye

google says 'read the full manual' or 'read the fine manual'

MiniGibbo

I'm going to invest in a Haynes, for my

BMW I bought the two inch thick bexley manual.. Not that Ive used it lol.

Went out last night for a stag do so haven't started yet.

pug_ham
Thats answers my next question then as im now at this stage having undone the 10mm bolt each end but am stuck lol..

You have removed the other 10mm nuts under the scuttle panel I mentioned?

If you've removed all the nuts & blt I mentioned in my earlier reply if should pull out after you drop the steering column.

g

MiniGibbo

Got it out earlier today, left the wheel on and the steering column in place.

Now i just need to rip all the sound deading out give it a clean and put it back, couldnt belevie how many wires are on the loom considering it dosent have a sunroof, lecy windows or central locking??

jackherer

BMW I bought the two inch thick bexley manual.. Not that Ive used it lol.

I got the Bentley manual for my E39, it is two 2" volumes, the second one is entirely devoted to the electrical system!

All I have used it for so far is changing the wheel bearings and the water cooled alternator, to get the fan off I had to get a special tool from BMW and the manual had the part numbers but they had mixed up the 6 cyl and V8 parts so I ended up getting the wrong one. BMW were no use either, the dealer would only order tools if I had the P/N, they wouldn't look anything up for me.

MiniGibbo

Dont get me started on main dealers lol..

ive spent thousands at mine over the years and they still talk to me like a peice of s*it.. when i rebuilt my e36 i bought every extrerior trim peice and the guy made me bring the car to the dealer and point out every bit i wanted, "I want them all" wasnt good enough *rant*