• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
rallyeash

205 Brake Pipe Routing

rallyeash

On my 205 rallye ive got gti running gear which also includes the front anti roll bar. ive never been overly happy with the brake pipe routing on my car for the last few years and ive now worked out why.

the base model and rallyes with no front arb have a mounting point between the copper pipe and flexi like this

205rallyebrake.jpg

and the gti's with a front arb have a mounting point like this

205gtibrakes.jpg

so ive got the top pointing point but have got the bottom pipe routing so it doesnt rub against the arb.

my thoughts are to either grind off the pointing point and reweld it into position of the gti one or poss get a different type of fitting on the end of my braided flexi to overcome the issue.

Has anyone else had this problem, if so what did you do?

rallyeash

might have sorted myself out, Nicks touring car engined 205 rallye... nice and simple!

DSC00070.jpg

allye

I just ran like the standard base model set up and left the strut mount alone, my lines go behind the strut, passed 2 MOT's all fine.

rallyeash

you've got yours like the first yellow rallye pic then? clears the arb ok?

allye

yer all fine, just found this

Image038.jpg

Edited by allye

rallyeash

thanks, when i tried this route a few years back would rub on lock etc. are you running standard 205 gti length braided lines?

allanallen

My 309 has the base model 205 style mounts, I've run my hose (fully braided) through a rubber grommet in the original mount. I'm using gaz golds though, they don't have the location tab which meant I could turn the damper in the hub slighty to alter the position of the drop links for a bit better clearance.

On my 205 inca (with gti subframe,wishbones etc) I did away with the body mount and ran the hose to a clip just above the subframe mount. Again there's still not a massive amount of clearance to the drop links.

Nicks looks a different bracket altogether? Or has it just been twisted round?

Edit, my 309 is done similarly to allyes picture.

Edited by allanallen

james_pug

On my cj running gti arb set up and gaz coilovers the drop link catches the brake line, I plan on just chopping it off and welding it out the way.

rallyeash

thanks for that allan. im running Gaz GHA's which have the tab for the brake lines.

on Nicks 205 rallye it looks like he has ground off the original mount completely and just knocked up a new mount and drilled a hole to allow the pipe to run through then welding it on at the right angle. think this is the way im going to run it with the "miles" extended 205/306gti6 braided lines that i have already. will then be very similar to the standard gti setup

Edited by rallyeash

allanallen

thanks for that allan. im running Gaz GHA's which have the tab for the brake lines.

on Nicks 205 rallye it looks like he has ground off the original mount completely and just knocked up a new mount and drilled a hole to allow the pipe to run through then welding it on at the right angle. think this is the way im going to run it with the "miles" extended 205/306gti6 braided lines that i have already. will then be very similar to the standard gti setup

That certainly looks the best way, much tidier/safer going to the mount on the damper. If I ever need to replace the brake hoses on the inca I think I'd copy nicks.