• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jamie_1992

Gti6 Dl16

jamie_1992

i have a gti6 engine in my 205 was wondering if its possible to wire in a dl16 plug (the diagnostics plug for my scanner)

it has a running issues i cant sort it struggles to start when left for a day just back fires and splutters then eventually starts

would be a lots of use if i could wire one in some how as it has the gti6 loom and the 306 had it fitted if it is possible how can i go about it has anyone done it before

welshpug

yep :)

just find a socket and wire it in with the relevant wires, easy as that.

jamie_1992

is it just a case of matching the colors up on the multi plug and splicing it in

Edited by jamie_1992

rikky

the gti6 loom has 2 wires for the OBD

140 Green

141 Beige

they'll have been disregarded when your loom was done. i've actually just debated putting a 306 OBD socket onto mine but left it in the end

jamie_1992

so there is no way i can connect it asuming they have been removed

welshpug

just put the wires back if they were removed.

jamie_1992

ok thanks i thought there would be more than 2 wires. anyone got a socket by chance

ORB

I am also interested by this.

Does anyone have a diagram as to how to wire into an OBD plug?

EZ Tutty

On the OBD2 port you have 16pins, which need to be connected like this...

3. RPM Sense - Wire 112B (Grey wire from 2 Brown Plugs) (i don't think this is needed, but i connected it anyway)

4. Ground

5. Ground

7. K-Line - Wire 140 (Green) - ECU Pin 31

15. L-Line - Wire 141 (Beige) - ECU Pin 12

16. +12V (Battery or Ignition)

Also remember a generic USB OBD2 Device (ELM327 etc) won't work on the GTi6 ECU, some code readers will, but for full diagnostics you need to use PP2000

Edited by EZ Tutty

jamie_1992

how do i know what the pin numbers are on the plug?

whats a k-line?

whats a l-line?

are they the green and beige wires on the plug

where is the best place to wire in the plug can it be done on the multi plugs or dose it have to be done on the loom coming out the ecu

whats the best way to connect the wires? cut and solder?

EZ Tutty

Pin numbers are on the plug, but heres a diagram just in case...

connectorblue.GIF

The K-Line and L-Line are just the 'official' names for the communication wires,

Wire 140 & 141 are in the engine loom, the RPM and 12v can be pulled from the brown plugs.

I put my port in the cubby hole below the radio.

Soldering it's the preferred method of connecting it up in my opinion.

Edited by EZ Tutty

jamie_1992

thats great than

about the rpm sense you say the gray wires from the 2 brown multi plugs. is there a gray wire on both plugs that need to be joined togother or is it just one of the plugs (i havnt looked too close at them lol)

can i use any socket or done is need to be from a gti6?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OBD2-16pin-female-cable-open-end-lead-OBD-2-16-Pin-Plug-/290818345580?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item43b61fca6c

could this work

Edited by jamie_1992

EZ Tutty

the gray wire (112B) is only on one of the brown plugs... but off the top of my head I can't remember which plug it's on.

Any socket is fine, doesn't need to be a gti6 one.... and yep the one in that ebay link would do nicely.

Edited by EZ Tutty

ORB

Ok,

Just to clarify, any answer a few Q's

I have cut out an OBDII plug from the dash of a 207 that looked at me funny in the compound.

All I need to do is wire it in to the diagram above and hey presto?

What scanners will read this?

Will my Audi USB cable read this?

Can I download a moody copy of Peugeot Planet? (will it work?)

My ECU is from a Xsara, will this matter any?

Ta

welshpug

Youll need pp or lexia, doubt it makes a difference on pre multiplex cars which, most generic obd wont do anything with these.

ORB

Has anyone ever sucessfully downloaded a copy of PP that will work? (I managed with VAGCOM) so I assume it should be possible?

pug_ham

I have a working PP that I bought from www.obd4u.co.uk but its not just the software you need to get it working, the lead is the important part.

g

ORB

Just to revive this

I have completed my loom and I installed both an OBD port and the K light wire (I thought I may as well since I was at it with the soldering iron)

I am sure I can 'aquire' the software for PP2000 - but is there a specific lead I can buy? are there any dodgy chinese copies that will work out there?

Any further insight would be good. As it would be cool to be able to use this software in the garage at home. I know I can do it at work, but thats not the point. . . .

pug_ham

I am sure I can 'aquire' the software for PP2000 - but is there a specific lead I can buy? are there any dodgy chinese copies that will work out there?

Any further insight would be good. As it would be cool to be able to use this software in the garage at home. I know I can do it at work, but thats not the point. . . .

You need the specific planet / lexia lead afaik, not just the software & I don't know of anyone that has managed to get it working with another lead as the software talks to the box within the lead supplied with it.

You can't open planet if the lead isn't plugged in iirc.

My chinese copy works fine & so does the copies that DaveW & Leet205 have but I think we all sourced them from different places.

g

ORB

Cool, when I type Lexia 3 into google and look at shopping, there are millions!

I dont want to spend 150 quid on a lead that I will hardly use, but I would buy a genuine copy from china if the money was sensible?

Any help to be given there?

Also G, have you ever plugged it into an XU10J4RS? Does it do anything worth doing?

pug_ham

I haven't plugged it into an XU10J4RS but it should work just the same as on my 306 hdi, talks to all systems connected with the OBD2 port, engine ecu, body cph, aircon / heating ventilation ecu & abs.

Plus you can view live readings with the engine running or with someone else driving.

Everyone I mention with it paid under £90 max delivered, I looked last week & it was £70 delivered from where I bought mine at www.obd4u.co.uk.

If you have a dislike for garages etc working on your car, its well worth buying imo.

g

Anthony

Is this the correct one G?

pug_ham

Is this the correct one G?

yeah, thats the one I have.

Gone up a few pence since I last looked. :o
g

ORB

Hmm, I am tempted to order it, but would like to know how good it is at GTI6's!

pug_ham

Hmm, I am tempted to order it, but would like to know how good it is at GTI6's!

Its the dealer software so I doubt you'll find anything better for a similar amount.

g