• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ALEX

Cti Roof Stiffening Plates Still Available?

ALEX

As title?

post-2783-0-35900900-1354442869_thumb.jpg

Brotherton, Pugeotparts says they're not available, but he's been wrong before.

Might have to make some :unsure:

Henry Yorke

Arnie Kanarie has pressed some metal copies. He is very active on Facebook and you can find him on a lot of 205 groups or eBay (I think he is arie1964 or something like that). He does the rear window rusty bar too

cybernck

I'll point him to here :).

ALEX

I'll point him to here :).

If you would, that would be great!

I don't do Facebook!

john-melbourne

Arnie Kanarie has pressed some metal copies. He is very active on Facebook and you can find him on a lot of 205 groups or eBay (I think he is arie1964 or something like that). He does the rear window rusty bar too

I am very interested in this, any idea of how much he charges?

John

Henry Yorke

Not sure yet. I'm getting some prices and will see if the PSC will fund a batch to be remade

vtifan

do these bits go around the rear of the car from the rear window to the big roof holding plate that bolts on at the rear

Henry Yorke

yes they do

vtifan

yes they do

thats great then as even though my roof is totally f***ed,torn shrunk discoloured, both the sword shaped bits and the big rear bit seem to be perfect,do you think these would benefit from powder coating henry just to rustproof them a bit as they just look like they are etch primed or some weird galvy sort of finish,

have been well impressed with the rust or lack of it so far,had carpets out today and there is not a spot on the whole floorpan,there is about 2 inches of rust under the windscreen rubber,and a bit in the boot floor but its just along the rear seam,even the front panel is totally rot free

after i started stripping the car i started feeling a bit guilty for ripping it to bits to fit a gti6 engine as it really is a pretty much mint low miles rare car :(:( ,even toyed with the idea of leaving it standard but i have spent so much and gathered so many bits that are needing a new home and i always figure start with the best shell you can find,thanks for the info again

cybernck

Well, if anyone's after any, I'll add an ordering page for them on here, in association with Arie.

john-melbourne

Well, if anyone's after any, I'll add an ordering page for them on here, in association with Arie.

I think that would be good

cybernck

Well, that's the only one he makes at the moment and since it was mentioned in this thread, I thought I'd organise an ordering page.

Henry Yorke

Not sure yet. I'm getting some prices and will see if the PSC will fund a batch to be remade

Well, that's the only one he makes at the moment and since it was mentioned in this thread, I thought I'd organise an ordering page.

As above, I was speaking to Arie to get some bulk prices for the UK to reduce the cost, but then Nik said he was arranging this so I stopped bothering to chase it up...

That part is ok on mine?

It will fit yours as they are all the same, but it is not the part you were asking for in the original post and posted a picture of :wacko:

538744_4504076245695_1277865726_n.jpg

vtifan

he does both parts the rear bit and the bits that look like swords before they are bent (technical term) i asked him last week,also a few other quite nice wee bits for general 205's,and well priced to boot

cybernck

He's just told me he still hasn't finished the production of those parts in the photo above.

vtifan

He's just told me he still hasn't finished the production of those parts in the photo above.

ah right,i messaged him on facebook and he said he was doing them,luckily i dont need any of the parts but i assumed i would as had heard they were more often than not rotten

farmer

if anybody wants me to try source from Europe drop me a message

ALEX

Got a number off Vasco in Wakefield (a reputable roofing and trimming company) , Their business is restoring soft tops on old cars and also interior repairs.

They have gave me a number BAS hood speciallist 02089162116.

Aparentley they can provide new stiffening plates for the Cti.

They are closed over christmas, but I'll be ringing them in the new year, and I'll let you all know if they are any good!

Miles

BAS Only supply the cable and roof, Never any metalwork

ALEX

BAS Only supply the cable and roof, Never any metalwork

You're right.

I called at Vasco last week to see how my seats were comming on and I mentioned I still need these stiffeing plates.

He was sure he only bought some from BAS a few years back and was certain he could still get them.

Well he phoned BAS for me to find out, and you're right, they'aren't available.

So it looks like I might be improvising for these.

Any news on the production of them?

Edited by ALEX

Henry Yorke

Yes. I got a bulk price for about 10 sets shipped to the UK and they were approx £70 a pair. I put this to the PSC and they agreed that there is not enough demand for them at the moment. I have a hood on a frame with some good ones on in my shed. I also have a spare vinyl hood in the loft too and I need to check at some point if this has these still attached to it. If we can get a template for them then I am sure we can at least look into getting them laser cut and then people can bend them to shape themselves.

Anyone got an old one that can be used as a template? If so, please scan it in and email it to me at henry@yorkesport.co.uk please and I can investigate :)

ALEX

Yes. I got a bulk price for about 10 sets shipped to the UK and they were approx £70 a pair. I put this to the PSC and they agreed that there is not enough demand for them at the moment. I have a hood on a frame with some good ones on in my shed. I also have a spare vinyl hood in the loft too and I need to check at some point if this has these still attached to it. If we can get a template for them then I am sure we can at least look into getting them laser cut and then people can bend them to shape themselves.

Anyone got an old one that can be used as a template? If so, please scan it in and email it to me at henry@yorkesport.co.uk please and I can investigate :)

I was looking into flatting the less rusty one out with an hammer to copy the profile onto cad and mirroring it to make a pair.

I'll keep you updated..

That's going to be the easy bit.

It's the bending thats going to be tricky.

Edited by ALEX

Ade Sharpe

Hi Guys,

I've just removed mine to see their condition and they only have surface rust, which I'll clean off and repaint. I won't be replacing these for some weeks.

let me know if you still need any info.