• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mowflow

Wing Bolts Inside The Car

mowflow

Starting to put the car back together now so this is probably going to be the first of many "where does this go.....what is this.... Is something missing???" Type posts.

The bolt inside the footwell that holds the wing on. Is it just 1 per side and what does it look like? Is it the same as the bolts that hold the rest of the wing on?

I stupidly just chucked all fixings into a big tin labelled "front end"..... Did the same for "interior" and "underside" I know don't think this was the best plan.

Loose Hand Luke

Should be two bolts per side from inside the footwells out to the front wings. I think they're longer than the top wing bolts but not by much. Should also be two clip-nuts that fit on each wing in cutouts too. The bolts for the top of the wing will have body coloured paint on the heads and the bolts through the foot well will have paint on the ends of the threads.

mowflow

Cheers for the detail. One wing is a replacement so I'll need to recover the threaded clips from that.

Will have a rake through the tub for the other bolts (really wish I'd done labelled bags). Have used the 8 painted bolts for the tops and 4 rusted ones for the area covered by the bumper (derusted in acid first then painted). Spotted a bolt that looked sort of grey/primer so that may be an inny outy one.

mowflow

Baws! The old wing has no clips and I only appear to have 14 bolts. 4 on top each side, 2 behind bumper on each side and 2 left over. I'm actually starting to question if I removed bolts from the passenger side. I only remember doing the driver side and the passanger side wasn't the original wing. Absence of the clips suggest it's never had the bolts.

Tom Fenton

Only 1 bolt from the footwell out each side.

mowflow

Woohoo! So I have all the bolts then.

Loose Hand Luke

Both my phase 1's have two bolts per side from inside the footwells. One top and one bottom.

mowflow

Maybe they changed it later my car is ph2. The wings have 2 holes but I only have 1 threaded clip on 1 side. And enough bolts for 1 a side.