• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allanallen

Who Likes Tractors?

allanallen

My mate with the turbo'd 6 205 is into his tractors and has way too much spare time! Not content with his iveco wagon engined fordson major, he built this......

photo_zps512b5ef7.jpg

Ratty grey fergy with a 135bhp landrover 200tdi engine :D love it!

• Like 1

Tom Fenton

It's a shame he didn't come to Pugfest, he'd get on well with Phil!

welshpug

does it still plough though? :P

helped rebuild an engine in a 66/67 something or other a few years ago, cant remember what it was now :lol:

https://flic.kr/p/oaJ6ta

2-Pugs

I have a colleugue at work that's really into tractors. We collect 205's, he collects tractors. He has about 6 or 7, all of some particular make (I forget which now). He has a smallholding and so they do get used, he's not into the shiny polished up sort of thing, He takes them to ploughing competitions and that sort of thing. He used one of his tractors on his wedding day - complete with ribbons (I kid you not!) and has a pic of one as his screen saver. He does get quite ribbed now and again, but that said, he's a really top guy and a proper old school type - obviously getting parts for an old tractor is near impossible, so he adapts other bits or makes from scratch, which I really admire. And he came up with an ingenioius solution to save my block when a head bolt snapped, but thats another story !

• Like 1

Clapton_Is_God

I used to like tractors.........but now I'm an extractor fan ;)

• Like 2

chipstick

I used to like tractors.........but now I'm an extractor fan ;)

Superb joke. I'll let you tell it.

Davy

"Who likes tractors?"... I'm guilty of having a little interest. Not the modern stuff, more 1980's and before. The old fella has a few old Fordson Majors with 4WD conversions... but has recently got a mid 1980's Marshall 904 for the more modern luxuries like a cab! (not any old cab tho!, this one even has a heater AND a radio!!)

I dont mind the odd show, walking around them but much prefer to see them on 'working days'.

That little ferguson is hilarious!... The 7610 Ford behind looks real tidy too and if thats unrestored and original then thats a gem!

Just like any bunch of enthusiasts, there's all the 'anoraky' details to get into as well!... For every 205 enthusiast going on about limited editions and which seats were introduced in which year etc etc etc.. there will be a tractor fan who can tell you about a 'Ford 7810 Silver Jubilee' and how the 'Series 3 had the the gearsticks to the side' etc etc etc!... It's like a parallel universe of 'anorakism'!

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

Weser

I like a tractor - but I am a farm boy so its surely allowed. Had a Massey 35 on my wedding day for some pics, first thing I learn't to drive on when I was 5. Love the idea of engine swaps!

notamondayfan

The Grey Fergie was the first thing I learnt to drive :ph34r:

alync406

My dad is into vintage tractors so I helped him restoring a couple. There is a man not too far from us who has a Massey ferguson 35 which he has a turbo off a Audi on and changed the gearing so it does over 60 mph, don't think I'd like to hit a bump at that speed though with no suspension! Have seen a ferguson 20 around at shows too with a v8 engine, when he starts it up the crowd just rushes to it :) .

stef205

Mikey's dad from Cornwall has built some crazy tractors in his time. I believe one has a ship engine bolted in it! Was in a magazine not so long ago. I'm sure he will be along to tell the story.

jamie_1992

when i was at agricultural collage we put a 6.2 diesel v8 in a fordson major now that got some looks lol

1935847_1148273038570_3828882_n_zpsf6eae

10399876_1137595131629_5306287_n_zps38fa

now i drive tractors every day but i have nice aircon cabs and self steering gps to help me out

this is my hunny 7530

10488117_10204274470362613_1559825756266

10402381_10152236634725488_7731960391962

fendt 724 with our pumping rig (dribble bar, pipe reeler, v8 pump and a hydrovain compressor

10003359_10202834247949812_1245383780_n_

and our new addition a 7280 on a set of triple mowers

1904077_10203927731254352_49658523564929

so you could say i like tractors

• Like 2

mikeygulley

We love a bit of Tractor!! hahahaha! Mostly fully modified Fordson Majors.

We have converted a few over the years.

Straight 6 perkins with a super major axle and box (fully modded bonnet, nose and wings with combine wheels),

V8 11ltr air cooled deutz on a super major axle and lorry gear box (68mph top speed!!! but would pull anything in crawler gear! and spin on dry tarmac no sweat in 6th!),

6.2 V8 GMC onto a super major winching tractor,

the latest is the Foden FD 12 (roles royces modified) twin turbo, twin supercharged 800 horse power 2 stroke deisel onto a super major. This one still isnt finished but was featured in Tractor and farming heritage magazine this month. It was entitled 'The Frankenstein Fordson'.

Here is a vid of the V8 GMC

http://vid943.photobucket.com/albums/ad278/mikeygulley/V8.mp4

And one of the Foden

http://vid943.photobucket.com/albums/ad278/mikeygulley/VID-20110803-00005.mp4

Heres a pic of the feature :)

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad278/mikeygulley/e600381d-08c2-4c63-a411-b76b4356d8f0.jpg

Dad recently bought a pair of fergy 35's and a lovely little dexter with toppers. These will be left standard, he plans to sell the fergy's and keep the dexter to show. He also has an ancient thing which the make and model has slipped my mind, it has metal spiked wheels and is run on petrol and kerosine. Oh plus another 4 majors which all run.

With all the tractors and 205's we have, the yard is full!! As well as the sheds!

Anyway, I like (old) TRACTORS!!!! hahaha

Edited by mikeygulley
  • Like 1

Davy

We love a bit of Tractor!! hahahaha! Mostly fully modified Fordson Majors.

We have converted a few over the years.

Straight 6 perkins with a super major axle and box (fully modded bonnet, nose and wings with combine wheels),

V8 11ltr air cooled deutz on a super major axle and lorry gear box (68mph top speed!!! but would pull anything in crawler gear! and spin on dry tarmac no sweat in 6th!),

6.2 V8 GMC onto a super major winching tractor,

the latest is the Foden FD 12 (roles royces modified) twin turbo, twin supercharged 800 horse power 2 stroke deisel onto a super major. This one still isnt finished but was featured in Tractor and farming heritage magazine this month. It was entitled 'The Frankenstein Fordson'.

Here is a vid of the V8 GMC

http://vid943.photobucket.com/albums/ad278/mikeygulley/V8.mp4

And one of the Foden

http://vid943.photobucket.com/albums/ad278/mikeygulley/VID-20110803-00005.mp4

Heres a pic of the feature :)

http://i943.photobucket.com/albums/ad278/mikeygulley/e600381d-08c2-4c63-a411-b76b4356d8f0.jpg

Dad recently bought a pair of fergy 35's and a lovely little dexter with toppers. These will be left standard, he plans to sell the fergy's and keep the dexter to show. He also has an ancient thing which the make and model has slipped my mind, it has metal spiked wheels and is run on petrol and kerosine. Oh plus another 4 majors which all run.

With all the tractors and 205's we have, the yard is full!! As well as the sheds!

Anyway, I like (old) TRACTORS!!!! hahaha

..Thats nuts! lol!... Old Major back ends are known for being tough but I think that Foden will test it!.. Love the noise of a two stroke diesel too, they're not revving any harder but sound like they're screaming!..

..Random fact and claim to fame alert!!.. Out of the 3 (I think there was 3) flat bottomed boats in a few scenes at the beginning of Saving Private Ryan, the one nearest the camera had to be as authentic as possible, right down to how it sounded. These boats used two Foden two stroke diesels and my old fella (who's into his old lorries too) helped my Uncle with the prep work on that boat!.. Random, but just worth a mention with the two strike Foden thing!..

.Oh!.. Random fact part 2!.. Some two stroke diesels can run backwards!.. There's old trucker stories of almost stalling trying to take off from traffic lights etc but they dipped the clutch just in time to keep it running... only trying to take off again and end up going backwards!

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

rallyeash

I like tractors, but then it's my job!

mikeygulley

..Thats nuts! lol!... Old Major back ends are known for being tough but I think that Foden will test it!.. Love the noise of a two stroke diesel too, they're not revving any harder but sound like they're screaming!..

I'm sure the fordson axle will be tested, it's going to be cog and chain drive, the flywheel is offset on the foden.

He also purchased a V16 twin supercharged 2 stroke detroit deisel a few months ago. That thing is epic!! The plan is to rebuild the trike using it.

• Like 1