• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Plumbob

Gti-6 Vss Sensor Pin Outs

Plumbob

I've been looking around and can't find a conclusive answer so I'm gonna put this out there!

I've found out yesterday that I need to change my speedo drive from a standard one to the dual type which can run a speedo cable and also accepts a three pin plug. I've ordered the VSS and I realise I'll have to visit a scrappy to get a plug but I'm wondering which pins go where.

I'm aware I need +12v, ground on the VSS and the signal goes to pin 28 on the ECU plug (which I've found on my loom going spare) but which is which?

Any photo/diagram or anything which relates to the three pins would be much appreciated as my loom has clearly had all this chopped off when the engine was fitted into a 309 (except 3cm of yellow wire for the signal which is sticking out of the plug)

Is there anywhere in particular I should be running the 12v from? Just any switched live? And presumably I could just run a short length of wire from the earth pin on the plug to a loop terminal and maybe use the bolt that fixes the VSS to the gearbox?

ade 4wd

VSS pinous:

1 - 12V from double relay. Can be any one of these pins, 4,5,6 or 13.

2 - earth

3 - output to ECU pin 26

Plumbob

Cheers lads. I've got that better looking diagram already, I've doubled checked pin 28 on the ecu plug with a multimeter and is checks out right with the stump of wire I've got.

ade 4wd

Yes, a typo. It is indeed pin 28.