• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
madspikes

Ir Remote Locking Connections

madspikes

Im looking at getting the IR remote central locking working again on the 205. The central locking works fine with the key, its the remote part that's dead, and more specifically the IR receiver. The unit has signs of corrosion, and before I start to debug the fault, I need to know what 4 connections to the board are.

I have worked out ground and permanent +12v, its the other two that I dont understand. Does anyone have any ideas as to what there are and what signals I should expect along them.

thanks,

Clive

Ryan

The other two go to the relay module under the steering column. Briefly earthing one of them locks the doors, the other unlocks them.

jackherer

If you're seeing signs of corrosion you need to be very cautious, several people have had their 205 catch fire due to leaks there, the power to the IR receiver obviously has to be permanently live and they seem to be insufficiently fused.

madspikes

Humm, thats interesting! The perment live just is on a 30amp fuse I believe, I can see that being a problem! I'll keep that in mind.

Clive

jackherer

Wow, I haven't actually looked but a 30amp is way too big. Mine is off the road at the moment and before I leave the battery permanently connected I'm going to put a small fuse in-line with the IR live feed, I can't see it using much power even when it is actually locking/unlocking so a few hundred milliamp fuse will probably be fine.

Ryan

The receiver uses virtually no power at all - less than 50mA. All it does is send signals to the steering column module which does all the high power stuff.

Edited by Ryan