• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnsimister

205 Gti Stars In New 208 Gti 30Th Tv Ad

johnsimister

I saw a preview of this new ad last night, a remake of the old 'Bombardier' plane/car-chase ad. It goes live tomorrow (Oct 1) but here's a link to the 'teaser' on Youtube. Good to see the 205 properly appreciated by today's Peugeot company.

http://bit.ly/gtiteaser

John

Anthony

Appreciated, or just used as a cynical marketing tool?

johnsimister

Genuinely appreciated, I think. The current engineers and management all speak warmly of the 205 and have tried quite hard to put some of its appeal into the 208 GTI. To me it's the most enjoyable of the current small(ish) hot hatches to live with rather than just hurling round a track, at which the hard-riding Fiesta ST is better. The 205-to-208 GTI saga is much like that of the Golf GTI's a few years earlier: first cars great, Mk3 and Mk4 lost mojo, Mk5 and onwards got it back again. Just as the 206 and 207 GTIs were woeful.

John

Edited by johnsimister

welshpug

The car in its own right actually sounds pretty good, borrowing bits from the RCZ R, apart from its 270 bhp engine :( at least it does have a proper diff rather than Ford choosing to use the brakes to do torque vectoring :blink:

http://www.peugeot.com/en/news/208-gti-30th-anniversary-special-edition-the-most-radical-gti-from-peugeot-sport

dobboy

I like it too, especially how the tyres screech in the snow.

Daviewonder

I like the ad. Not too keen on the two tone body though.

2052NV

I like the two tone!

willis

It's a lot of noise to make considering they're only going to be making around 100 cars. I suppose it's more a celebration about the gti "brand" though, as well as publicity......

Edited by willis

jeremy

Little does the 208 driver know is that the 205 driver already had the girl first.

• Like 1

dobboy

The more i see this the more i like the two-tone 208GTI.....

who'll be the first to sport a 205 in the 30th colours i wonder.

If i had a modified/fast black or red 205 that i was intending painting i'd be considering getting it done in the 30th colour scheme.

Is there anybody good with photoshop who could quickly knock up a mock to see what it would look like?

Jez G

I hope it's as good as the claim becuase I have put a deposite on one in the black and red ( Coupe Franche ).

dobboy

Jez, have you put a deposit down without having a test drive?

Jez G

Yes. I already have a 208 GTI and like it a lot. All the extra bits can only make it better. As I was the first at the local dealer to ask about them, I had first refusal on the only one they were getting.

willis

I think it would be hard to get a test drive considering how few are being brought into the country. Also it's only a few grand more than a standard one.

I would if I was looking at a modern hot hatch.

johniban

still using that god awfully designed engine i see!