• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scbond

Odometer Trip Lever Question

scbond

Can anyone who has had the odometer out of the clocks tell me how many bits there are to the reset mechanism? I've taken some spare clocks apart where it didn't work to try and see what was wrong (I was taking them apart anyway) and I can't work out what is missing. The switch has also stopped working on the clocks in my car so when I get around to it I'd like to fix it using spare bits from the spare clocks if possible.

R80oBLpl.jpg

Opbc2QRl.jpg

YSZUggDl.jpg

As much as I've worked out the spring goes in at the bottom, followed by the piece in the bottom right of the second picture and then the piece with the button pressed to reset the trip on the top. However, it feels like there's something missing as there's nothing to pull the cogs away from the numbered tumblers which resets it. Can anyone help?

Anthony

There's a brass coloured fork shaped piece of metal missing - that's what the reset lever acts on and makes the trip counter reset.

scbond

Is that the piece held in by two screws at the bottom side? Has three tabs on it? It's there but it just appears to push the cogs against the tumblers.

Don't suppose you have a pic of how it's supposed to be? Long-shot I know!

Anthony

I can pop the front of a speedo later and get you a picture if no one else comes up trumps in the meantime :)

scbond

Don't worry about doing that much...was just if you had one out already as I know you've fixed this issue before.

The prongs on the fork...are they meant to press the cogs away from the tumblers slightly?

scbond

Think I've just answered that one...yes :)

rikky

I had the same issue and think I hassled Anthony too about it :lol: Yours looks exactly how mine looked, something was missing (aka fell off / rattling around in the dial housing)

Edited by rikky

scbond

I had the same issue and think I hassled Anthony too about it :lol: Yours looks exactly how mine looked, something was missing (aka fell off / rattling around in the dial housing)

What part was missing? I have the copper/brass fork which sticks through the bottom and then the parts in the picture.