• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
fliprio

Problems Doing The Crankshaft Pulley Bolt Up

fliprio

im trying to do the crankshaft pulley bolt back up, it came off with the windy gun quite easily but I cant stope the crank from turning when doing it up

Haynes tells me to put it in 4th and have someone put their foot on the brake, but this doesn't work, with a decent length torque wrench it just turns!

Any tips?

welshpug

push harder on the pedal, or jam the flywheel with a screwdriver.

fliprio

push harder on the pedal, or jam the flywheel with a screwdriver.

its not trying to move the car, it actually turns quite freely like it isn't even in gear, but if you try and rock the car it seems to be in gear which is a bit perplexing

where can you get a srew driver in the flywheel? im loathed to stick it in the timing pin hole in fear of it snapping/jaming

Kane

You can see a little portion of the flywheel at the top OS of the engine near the starter motor. Get the largest flat headed screw driver in there then tighten up, easy :)

fliprio

You can see a little portion of the flywheel at the top OS of the engine near the starter motor. Get the largest flat headed screw driver in there then tighten up, easy :)

I managed to do it via the small pull off cover at the front near the timing hole, luckily the screwdriver kept it still to torque it up, so much grease and much on this engine its a nightmare to find all the little access holes!

All back together and starts now which is good

Kane

Sorry I just realised I put offside instead of nearside there, my mistake. Glad you've got it sorted anyway