• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
petert

Oil Temp & Oil Pressure

petert

I thought you might like to see this:

http://youtu.be/CnP2wvJBuCA

It's my son driving last Sunday in a Supersprint. He beat me, won his class and the championship (little bugger). It was 31 deg C. What's impressive is how constant the oil pressure is.

XU10J4

wet sump

2 quart accumulator

• Like 1

unariciflocos

Impressive, both driving and the numbers.

Which make is the accumulator? Is it the automatic one with an electrical atuator or just the dumb one with a tap?

petert

It's a Moroso with a manual valve. I use to run it with a solenoid but it's too much of a restriction. The straight through ball valve has a far greater flow rate. It's no problem to have an extra 2L of oil in the sump when the motor is off. At startup it re-primes itself.

What's more interesting, is that an XU9J4 with a near identical setup, still drops 20psi on the sharp LH corner we call the Fish Hook.

http://youtu.be/b8j9ubK3ivA

The only differences are the alloy block (with 88mm crank) and the way that the oil from the accumulator oil enters the block. In the case of the XU10J4, it dumps straight into the gallery above the starter, where the oil pressure sender use to be. In the XU9J4, it enters via a tee piece on the oil pressure sender hole. Incidentally, the XU9J4 also has two external oil drain hoses from the head. It does my head in.

Edited by petert

dobboy

Oh i enjoyed the video/race!

"What's impressive is how constant the oil pressure is."?!

yeah and your boy's driving......and the car!

(it's not the first time he's been 'round there, and i don't think i've seen such a horizon as flat)

Wish he'd went for the jugular when the LE went sideways at ~5mins, or was that the wife driving!?

How did it feel when he kicked your butt? bet you were very proud.

Edited by dobboy

petert

Yeah, he's been working hard on his lines. He deserves the trophy. I'd have taken the Elise up the hill. Our car was clearly quicker in a straight line.

unariciflocos

That would have been my next question, where it's plumbed in. I think I'll get a moroso next time I'm in the US and plumb it in after the cooler.

Maybe the oil sensor T is a restriction to flow.

Edited by unariciflocos