• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
savage16v

Mi16 Dizzy/ignition Timing

savage16v

Sorry for more questions....

I have very little experience with distributors & I am trying to get my car back up & running.

Whilst in the car on Saturday, the vac unit came off the dizzy, so tonight I have stripped the dizzy and locked the vac magnet/plate using race wire as I have seen others do....

All went well & it's locked nicely.

Stuck the dizzy back on where it was previously, and gave it a go, it tried but was popping and misfiring a bit, kept adjusting just to see if we could get it started and it did start a couple of time but not running as it should do.

We have ran out of adjustment so my friend has suggested switching the cylinders on the dizzy and adjusting again....

This is where he lost me, as sadly my experience of distributors is next to zero.

But I think I understand what he means....

Does the Mi16 engine have any TDC marks either near flywheel or crank pulley or is it a case if finding TDC manually on cyl1 (nearest flywheel)?

We are going to have a go at it tomorrow.

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated, I have searched and gathered some info but the more I have, the better....

Thanks,

Rich

savage16v

I should mention it's an 8v dizzy & running Catcam inlet cam & twin 45's