• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Luke

Which Distributor Cap, Leads And Plugs

Luke

I've had a search on the forum but couldn't work it out. I'm replacing the distributor cap and rotor, leads and spark plugs but struggling to locate the correct ones online.

I have a 1992 1.6 GTI. The distributor cap on my car at the moment is fixed with 2 screws (not clips) and male ends. I believe what I need are these 2:

Dizzy cap and rotor:

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/distributor-cap/bougicord-160312_g692_a211160312.html?KTypeNr=2315

Leads and plugs:

http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/ignition-leads/bougicord-4331_g685_a2114331.html?KTypeNr=2315

Can anyone let me know if these are right?

Cheers

Luke

Anthony

Neither is right at a glance.

You'll have a Bosch dizzy I'd imagine so you'll need a male cap to suit that - like this. That listing is for a Ducellier dizzy.

Those leads are for wasted-spark coilpack models judging by the picture, which were never on 205 GTi's so it's a listing error. You need these I think.

I haven't cross-referenced the numbers and I'm solely going from the photos, be warned!

Edited by Anthony

Luke

Thanks Anthony

Glad I asked before I bought them! Yeah it's a Bosch.

Miles

Ask for a 1.9 set up, easy then as the 1.6 had too many options