• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mowflow

Bolt Identification Help

mowflow

Wondering if anyone can help with some bolt identification.

With all the underneath stuff (front and back) removed from the car i know that these bolts are from that area but I’m not certain which ones go where. I’d also like to replace as much as possible with proper yellow zinc stuff but will be happy with HT BZP if need be. So if anyone can clarify sizes on what i have via measuring with very inaccurate devices. The quantities shown in the pic is what I have for each bolt.
IMG_20141216_214130_zps63e172a8.jpg
A = length 110mm - M16 - pitch 1.5
B = length 100mm - M12 - pitch 1.25
C = length 80mm - M12 - pitch 1.25
D = length 75mm - M10 - pitch regular
E = length 65mm - M12 - pitch regular
F = length 65mm - M12 - pitch 1.25
G = length 60mm - M10 - pitch regular
Any help would be much appreciated.

Tom Fenton

A are rear damper lower bolts, but I think you'll find they are 14mm not 16mm

B are the upper beam mounts to the beam tube

C are the beam pressed steel rear mounts to the beam tube

D are the front damper to hub clamp bolts

E I'm not sure on

F are the rear damper upper bolts

G are I think the lower balljoint pinch bolts

welshpug

e, wishbone iirc.

Tom Fenton

Also watch out for correct bolt grades if replacing, a lot of the ones in that pic you will find are 10.9 grade.

To be honest you are possibly better off sending those old ones to be re-plated.

mowflow

I more than likely have the diameter of A wrong as I was basing that on spanner size used.

Think Mei is correct on E. I thought it might be the bolt that holds the steering rack to the subframe but that was just a guess based on elimination of what Tom identified.

I'm going to send a load of stuff off for plating in the new year so will probably send these along with it as it won't cost any more to have them done. The problem is they all use nyloc nuts which would need replacing anyway. I realise these odd sizes don't make life easy for replacement but my guess is if i can find a supplier for suitable nuts they should be able to do bolts for those nuts to go onto.

Edit: Bollocks! Just noticed that Namrick only do the bolts in 8.8 grade

Edited by mowflow

Tom Fenton

Steering rack mount bolts are 10mm.

Having been there and done it.

Nyloc plated nuts in the correct sizes/pitch are reasonably easy to get hold of, but they are silver coloured plated not yellow.

Bolts can be got but in the fine pitch and correct tensile grade you can only get them black, which means they will then need plating anyway.

mowflow

Have I got the pitches correct?

Tom Fenton

From memory yes

mowflow

Also watch out for correct bolt grades if replacing, a lot of the ones in that pic you will find are 10.9 grade.

To be honest you are possibly better off sending those old ones to be re-plated.

I was just cleaning all these up and noticed they all have 8.8 on the head where I would expect the grade. Is this another Peugeot quirk?

welshpug

all the bolts ive taken off a beam yesterday were 8.8 apart from 12.9 on the caliper sliders.