• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
johnnyboy666

Anybody Else Had Problems With J&r Driveshafts?

johnnyboy666

Anybody used these guys?

They trade on ebay and through their own website, and sell new shafts with a 2 year warranty. I've used them several times in the past, and only had one issue with them sending me the wrong type of shaft for the Mrs 106, which they replaced.

But recently I've been having a right old ballache with them after ordering a passenger side shaft for my non-turbo diesel.

Firstly they sent a completely random shaft which was about 2 foot longer than any pug shaft I've ever seen, so they sent a courier to fetch that and drop off the 'correct' one.

This new one looked more like it, correct splines at both ends etc. So I go about fitting this one, only to realise right at the end of doing so, that there is no give in the shaft when the suspension moves, so its at full compression almost permanently. Presumably this must be a 309 shaft. At this point I had no choice but to drive on it (carefully) as I needed the car. I messaged J & R and they said its definitely correct, checked part numbers etc, and said to monitor it for a week or so, and said maybe it doesn't appear to compress as its spring loaded. As expected, it swiftly developed tell tale signs of shaft issues, grumbling, and shaking gearstick in first gear. I then demand that they replace it.

Replacement shaft arrives, and after removing their shaft off the car, I compare it to this new one, and surprise surprise, they've sent an identical, incorrect one! Fuming!

I might have to throw some 309 arms on in the meantime or something, but that means getting the tracking done again, which I really haven't got the time for!

welshpug

Measure it, send it back and make them measure the replacement before sending it out.