• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dar_Reynolds

Correct Size Weber Jets For Euro Rallye

Dar_Reynolds

Can anyone tell me what size jets I should have in my Twin 40's on a Euro Rallye? Standard 1.3 set up

I think the ones in mine are too large :/

Thanks

Darren

Wallby

There are a few different jet sizes that came in different years, the ones I know of are;

Idle 58F9 or 62F21 (Im running 65F8 which works well)

Main jet 138 or 145

F68 Emulsion tube

190 Air corrector

What does yours have in now?

Dar_Reynolds

​Sorry for the delay in replying and thanks for the info :)

​

​I've got 60f21 Idle 142 Mains 190 Air

​

​I've discovered that 2 'O' rings had perished on the idle jets, replaced these and it was better but still not great under 3500rpm

I have now also found that one of the accelerator pump jets isn't working, hoping to get it all back together on Friday when I'm also hoping (fingers crossed) to at last have it UK registered

Dar_Reynolds

One more thing :/

The Hungarian guy I bought the car from, told me it isn't set up to run unleaded, I'm wondering if he thought this as it was running so badly (therefor using lead replacement

additive).

Any thoughts on if I need to carry on with the additive?

aldworth33

Just get the timing set up properly to run unleaded 95ron, my old man's 205 had to get the ignition timing adjusted back in the day to run unleaded when lrp was being phased out

• Like 1

Wallby

Make sure the pump jets are adjusted the same on the long screw underneath, otherwise you'll get them spraying at different times.

• Like 1

205Rallee

Having had my TU24 from the times of leaded petrol until now, I've always run on leaded and now Super Unleaded, the very few times I've run it on normal unleaded have been emergencies when I couldn't get super and it runs like a pig. It only runs well on Shell V Power or Tesco Momentum.

Best bet is to get it to a rolling road.