• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
martinh

Couple Of Wiring Questions.

martinh

I'm sure you're all bored of questions on gti6 conversion wiring but I have searched and haven't managed to find the specific info that I need, Perhaps i'm using the wrong search terms.

Anyway I have what was sold to me as a Miles (pugracing loom) and it seems he may use different colour wires that aren't numbered which is why I may be struggling!

In the picture below is my 9 pin plug for the interior loom.

image_zps7hx9i5do.jpeg

2 Plugs that I'm not sure about:

image_zpsa8o0w6cr.jpeg

image_zps1ddqon1q.jpeg

The yellow plug/wire I get continuity to pin 6 of the 9 pin plug.

The orange wire gets continuity ti pin 7 of the same plug.

I am unsure where above 2 plugs are supposed to go and they will reach to a couple of different locations. I think the orange one is for the oil level? sensor on the front of the sump but not 100%.

Has anyone got a list of what the pin numbers do on the 9 pin plug? I have only found reference to wiring colours/numbers which doesnt really help me due to different colour wires used.

Also random question but is this the sort of adaptor for the oil pressure that you would expect to see?

image_zpshjnax36x.jpeg

Thanks for any help!

Anthony

Oil pressure adapter itself looks fine to me, and is one of the two common ways of doing it. However, are you sure that brown plug is the correct one for it? Normally it's a grey connector with a single wire/pin, whereas the brown plug is for the cooling fan (Bitron) on A/C equipped 306's and usused on 205 conversions.

On the brown 9 pin plug, pin 6 is oil pressure and pin 7 is oil temperature from memory.

That said, the yellow 2-pin plug is usually the throttle body heater circuit - is that still present on the loom?

Oil level sensor is generally unused on 205 conversions as the circuitry isn't present on the instrument cluster.

At least some of those wires are non-standard colours, so I assume that Miles does it all with fresh wire and terminals rather than reusing a chopped-up 8v loom. The better way to do it, but means that you don't have the wire colours/numbers.

Miles

It's been messed around with by the looks of it big time, No need to cut any of the wires from the plugs on the loom, The yellow one as said is the TB heater, Single .250 term is oil pressure, Brown is the carbon valve

Oil level (2 pin green) not used on 205's so cut off, All the pin outs are listed on here somewhere I think if you do a search.

Green wires are normally reverse, Orange, Oil pressure, Brown = Alt,

martinh

Thanks for the replies so far. Guess I just need the PIN numbers/functions then I can work through and see what I've got!

martinh

Anyone got a link to the pin data for the 9 pin plug? Or tell me what search terms to use?

dcc

That's my fav. ever picture on this website. Have had a copy of it since 2007/8 iirc :)