• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Juttie205

Rear Speakers

Juttie205

Looking for rear speaker recommendations that will fit behind trim not looking for silly money ones.

erbs

think they are 4 inch speakers, i took the old ones down to halfrauds and offered them up, i got pioneers and was a spot on fit including the screw holes

Anthony

Defo not 4". They're nominally 5 1/4" (13cm) but they need to be quite shallow and quite a narrow design of basket as the hole they need to go into is fractionally smaller than the fronts and thus some 13cm speakers don't fit!

Juttie205

thanks will have a look in my local halfords.

erbs

i got 2 pairs the same and they both fitted front and rears no probs

Leon

I got some Fli ones that fit fine and ate about a million times better than the originals. I don't even think they cost £20

• Like 1

mrfirepro

I used these and transplanted the OE connectors

P1040701_666x500.jpg

stufarri

I have the Fli ones too in my 205s and the 309 and they are great value and sound good too.

I have got a Pioneer under front seat sub in the CTI and Goodwood too that I'd highly recommend. £120 and takes about an hour to fit and totally transforms the sound. You may need a decent head unit to support it though but the balance of non OE versus great sound is worth it I think.

My cars all have the same head unit, a Pioneer 50BT so the sub connects perfectly.

welshpug

I'm using Alpine speakers, though I don't recall which model, bought them used but are available in halfords afaik.

run off an o.e phase3 306 CD headunit.

Grim.Badger

I've had 13cm in the rear holes before as well, but as Anthony says the space is very shallow. As for the size, it is always best when the speakers have slits instead of holes for the screws (if you follow) as that helps with the variation in Peugeot's measuring and speaker sizes.

FYI the speakers I had in the rear holes were Sony, I'm not sure what model as unfortunately that car got scrapped and I didn't strip it for parts. They had great base though, for 13cm speakers. They were terrible as front speakers (as they lacked the clarity/crispness of some others) but great as rear ones.

I'd like to have this setup again at some point, as I hate having shelf speakers (hanging cables, big magnets close to the contents of my boot etc).