• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Neil205

Few Issues On Driving

Neil205

So good news after replacing quite few parts finally passed its MOT with no advisories , 1.6 , 1990 ..

When driving the car , when slowing down to a junction or roundabout and changing down gear the engine Stop light comes on and engine is stalling , it starts again straight away , Ideas ?

I have adjusted the AFM and air idle screw , the AFM is turned right in , as car before was kangaring a lot before and cutting out before could drive it .

The other issue is a knocking noise when reversing , seems to come from offside front area ? This also combines when coming to a standstill in forward a slight grinding noise , all brakes and pads hav been replaced . Could it be driveshaft ?

j_turnell

Check your throttle position sensor clicks just as you open the throttle. What was your CO and hydrocarbons on the MOT? The knocking noise will more than likely be worn sliders on the calipers, assuming it's running standard bendix calipers, it's a common problem.

Neil205

Ok I'll check that , the CO level on mot was 3.76% but they adjusted it down to 2.08% but since I have increased more as the car wasn't running right , hence now the AFM screw is fully turned it ? Do I need to reset again following adjustment settings ? Yes standard bendix Callipers , where can I pick up new sliders then ? Thanks

Anthony

Idle mixture is too rich which will cause the engine to hunt and stall.

You need to aim for 1-1.5% CO max. Screwing the mixture screw inwards richens the idle mixture, so you've richened something that was already too rich!