• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pedjoni

205 1.6 Cti - Brake Booster Failing

pedjoni

Hi everyone,

Since friday , I have problem, when I press brake pedal, it goes slowly almost all the way to the floor, and it has squishing noise, like air is escaping ?

Is it failing brake booster ? Brakes works fine, I mean, car is braking good ?=

thank you

jackherer

If your brake pedal is suddenly going to the floor you either have a brake fluid leak somewhere or the master cylinder internal seals are failing and fluid is leaking back to the reservoir.

Check for leaks, if you find one fix it, if you don't find one and the fluid level is still good then you need a new master cylinder.

Anthony

As above - if the pedal goes to the floor under sustained pressure, then there's something amiss on the hydraulic side of the braking system.

Remember that the leaks might not be immediately obvious - rear wheel cylinders are notorious for leaking hidden from sight behind the drum.

Even if the brakes subjectively seem to work OK at the moment, do not continue driving the car until you've identified and repaired the fault.

pedjoni

Thank you for such fast reply. I know that rear wheel cylinders have no leaks, since I was changing brake shoes for the weekend. Also there is no leaks at the front brakes , as I can see.

There is just that noise like air squishing, and pedal drops all the way down if I keep presure on it... Slowly but it is going down ... Maybe I need new brake booster, maybe it dont holds vacuum good , anymore ?

toolie72

Master cylinder or hose/join somewhere

If noise is at steering wheel height its probably fluid leaking in master cylinder

If booster as you call it was leaking pedal would be solid