• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

dobboy

Engine Hoist, What Suits A 205?

welshpug

yep, used one or a similar one on many many cars, one extra thing I would get is a set of lifting chains and a load leveller, makes it easier to not scratch the paintwork and dent things.

dobboy

yep, used one or a similar one on many many cars, one extra thing I would get is a set of lifting chains and a load leveller, makes it easier to not scratch the paintwork and dent things.

Spot on WP. I already bought a load leveller but gave it to the guy who I borrowed the last hoist from as a thanks. Will get another as it was very handy as you say, although it does mean I need to drop the car just before the lift as my garage roof gets in the way.

dobboy

That's it ordered and the load leveller..... only £6.99 delivery.

cheers!

Malc

Could have saved a fortune and borrowed mine

dobboy

Cheers but I want to buy one.

But I've just had an email from them wanting another £48 for delivery, will prob ask them for a refund tomorrow unless they will reduce it substantially.

Simes

I hire the hoist but do own a leveller, invaluable piece of kit.

barneys66

Personally, I'd stretch a bit and get the 2t one - increased capacity at max jib should you need it in the future..

Tom Fenton

Ratchet strap makes a load leveller if you can't do without. Personally never needed one.

dobboy

My chainsaw came from them, 2nd time I used it the on/off button fell to bits, then the replacement went missing in the post, and I waited 3 weeks for the next one.

dobboy

Personally, I'd stretch a bit and get the 2t one - increased capacity at max jib should you need it in the future..

I thought about that, and might just do that, if it's not a great deal bigger to store.

barneys66

My chainsaw came from them, 2nd time I used it the on/off button fell to bits, then the replacement went missing in the post, and I waited 3 weeks for the next one.

That's a shame - my floor jack came from them and I've been very impressed. Rest of the chainsaw okay otherwise..?

• Like 1

dobboy

Ratchet strap makes a load leveller if you can't do without. Personally never needed one.

Thing I liked about the load leveller is that it was very easy to send the Gbox end down, to get the lot in or out. Don't think I'd have 100% faith in a ratchet strap.

farmer

I use ratchets straps on the farm with very large bales

Can be around 500kgs these bales

allye

I rarely use a load leveller to be honest, although with most engine i go out the bottom so not so much a issue.

Higher capacity one is a good shout, having it at full length is really useful other wise wheels and axel stands get in the way.

dobboy

I settled on the Clarke CFC100, and their load leveller. Also bought a hydraulic spring compressor.

This site seemed the best deal, more expensive items but free delivery, and the Clarke stuff should be easy to sell on if I ever wanted to.

https://www.sitebox.ltd.uk/search?q=engine+crane

dobboy

That's a shame - my floor jack came from them and I've been very impressed. Rest of the chainsaw okay otherwise..?

Seems ok, but when I fudged the wiring on the broken On/Off switch to try start it, I couldn't get it going.... never spent much time messing about with it tbh, and have still to fit the new switch, but the build quality looks ok for the price.

Lukespeed

I use a SGS one, works brilliantly, I also have the load leveller but the way I remove the engine there is little need for it, once everything is undone and its just on the 2 side mounts -

1. sit the car on the ground on its wheel at drivers side, and trolley jack on passenger side

2. put engine crane on the engine

3. undo gearbox mount (crane supporting the lot at this point)

4. jack up the passenger side, the engine will stay parallel to the floor and technically get lower on the gearbox side

5. undo bellhousing bolts and remove gearbox out of the passenger side arch

6. let the trolley jack down so the cars level

7. undo the drivers side engine mount

8. lift up and out totally square and you wont catch anything anywhere

Iv done it this way several times and in my opinion its the best way, plenty of room even with radiator etc still in

chipstick

I have a load leveller but never use it. Chains and shackles do the job. I occasionally add a cargo sling under the gearbox.