• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205Rallee

205 Rallye V Ax Gt January Classic And Sportscar Magazine

205Rallee

The 205 Euro Rallye makes it to the front cover with some good photos of it and the AX GT inside. Only a few inaccuracies in the article. Would photo and past it onto here but not sure if that is allowed.

Anthony

Is it your Rallye that's featured?

calvinhorse

Hardly a comparison unless it's a Euro Rallye? But then it'll be no comparison either!

Biggles

Surely 205 UK Rallye vs AX GT (both 1360cc) or 205 Euro Rallye vs AX Sport (both 1294cc) would be a better comparison ...

• Like 1

calvinhorse

Exactly, I'm sorry to say it but the uk Rallye is a sack of s*it really, 75bhp and base model suspension.

Simes

Really though it should be AX Sport vs Euro Rallye as they share the same engine and ethos.

trogboy

Really though it should be AX Sport vs Euro Rallye as they share the same engine and ethos.

I agree, or the AX GT vs 205 XS.

205Rallee

No it's not my car, mine's been owned by me for the last 25 years but it has most of its original paint and panels.

Agreed that it should have been compared with an AX Sport but there may only be one or two in this country and there aren't many left in France as although they were a super wee car they really did fall to pieces very rapidly. The Frenchies are spot on though as the majority don't want to speculate with their cars and get into massive debates about the value of these cars and how speculators are pricing out the younger generation from owning them.

Surprisingly the French boys aren't as negative about the UK Rallye's as we are over here, but then again I don't think they know the spec of the UK car.

Showed my wife the magazine and pointed out the comment where it said the euro rallye is rarer and more desirable than a Porsche 911 RS 2.7 (yes as if!) and the response was, yes you've guessed it - "Get it sold!"

post-8266-0-89246200-1480758355_thumb.jpg