• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

pugmarshall

Which Front Hoses?

pugmarshall

Silly question, I'm sure...

I have a bare shell (so no idea what the originals were) and I need to buy brake hoses. I have 306 HDI callipers (266mm discs) and it's a base model shell, every motor factors I ask says there's a choice of 355 or 437mm.

Anyone got an idea on which ones will be the right ones, please?

steve@cornwall

I'd be tempted to go for the longer ones. Similar I'd imagine to the cti, base type shell fittings and gti brakes.If I remember the short ones won't reach when retained in the strut when gti struts are fitted .

Miles

Short one's, do not go for the long ones as they are just that, All base models only had 1 length as well so as per normal the factors know very little, There was someone on Facebook showing the longer ones on a Rallye shell and as it passed a MOT thought it was OK, But brake pipe flapping around is not the best of things

pugmarshall

Thanks both! Short ones it is then.

Yes Miles, typical motor factors for you! Not exactly difficult for them to check against Peugeot chassis number these days. I don't have access to service box otherwise I'd have looked myself.

farmer

I would doubt it would narrow it down for you anyway

When i looked for a base model 5 door both options were still visable even with a chassis code entered