• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tdr_1976

Sensors Question

tdr_1976

Good evening!

I'm in the final stages of completing a J4 conversion on my 89 XS, and looking to connect the cooler temp sender unit and coolant temp switch to the car loom.

My question is, can I use the J4 sensors with the single wires that come from the car side of the loom - these had a single female spade terminal on them, the J4 sensors have two terminals/cables going into them as photos below, I have the male plugs cut off from the loom (going standalone ecu so not needed), but want to know if I can use them, or would I have to replace the sensors with the standard XS ones?

17426220_10154560445787861_5511029402896​17498954_10154560445792861_6962037715540​

Cheers :)

welshpug

green one is ecu so must stay, blue is for gauge and stop light, so you can swap that for the original xs sender.

usually there is a brown sensor or blankinv plug you can swap for the warning light switch.

tdr_1976

Yes, there is a brown plug on the bottom of the housing, i think its for air conditioning?

Thanks for your help again Mei!

Much appreciated!