Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Sad Device Where To Buy New Or Other Cars Same Device

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Terry1600

Terry1600
  • Drivers
  • 96 posts
  • Name:Terry Mitchell
Does anybody know of a supplier that aells these new?

Also ive found other cars such as the volvo 740 use the same, anybody know of anything else a bit more modern that uses the same valve?

DamirGTI

DamirGTI
  • Pitcrew
  • 2,758 posts
  • Name:Damir

"Intermotor" makes new , also some "SMP" brand and perhaps some more .. search the net via : auxiliary air valve ... OE part No for 1.6 and 1.9 SAD is 0345 37 .

Dunno if these replacement new units are as good as Bosch OE (aftermarket new ones are around 120quid) ,  as the old ones never go bad .. at least i haven't had a bad one yet , its simple device with really not much to go wrong (maybe just the heater) ...thus i don't really see the need for new one .

Quite a few cars from the 80's and some from early 90's had the same idle air valve .. though it'll be a little bit differently pr-adjusted but essentially the same type of valve . 

D

Terry1600

Terry1600
  • Drivers
  • 96 posts
Cheers for that info, yeah ive got one that no longer closes.

welshpug

welshpug
  • Pitcrew+
  • 30,081 posts
  • Name:Mei

how long did you give it and have you tested the wiring and made sure the terminals are secure in the plug?

Edited by welshpug, 11 October 2017 - 08:20 PM.

Terry1600

Terry1600
  • Drivers
  • 96 posts
Its a tuning company doing the setup i havent tested it personally, they said they have tested it off the car and it doseent close up to set the idle properly

Telf

Telf
  • Drivers
  • 995 posts
Garage View Garage

Its worth giving the whole thing a squirt through with cleaning agent I've found in the past. They do seize up but I've yet to have a broken SAD.

Terry1600

Terry1600
  • Drivers
  • 96 posts

runnignwise its getting worse so tomorrow im gonna strip all the manifold and hoses off and have a good look through it all see whats going on

petert

petert
  • Pitcrew
  • 5,616 posts
  • Name:Peter Taylor

Not so modern, but Peugeot 505 used the same.

Rob_the_Sparky

Rob_the_Sparky
  • Veterans+
  • 6,096 posts
  • Name:Rob Myatt

From your other post it certainly sounds like a SAD problem that you have.  I've had to lubricated and adjusted mine a few times but not replaced yet.

steve@cornwall

steve@cornwall
  • Veterans
  • 3,702 posts
  • Name:Steve !
Have you checked the hoses for splits? Had a nightmare with that a few months back

ALEX

ALEX
  • Drivers
  • 2,728 posts
Garage View Garage

Try Andrew Pages for Bosch stuff