• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sonofsam

205 Maxi Kits

sonofsam

Hi All

Just thought i would start a topic as there doesnt seem to be many out there on this subject

Have found the webpage to order,but has any one had any experiences with these kits,let alone ordering one possibley in French language... any UK stockists?

Got to love those bubble arches :D

Sam.

Edited by sonofsam

Miles

What company are you looking at? as there are a few that do the kit's for most French cars. Ordering is not that easy I;ve sent a couple of emails in French I may add, and not got a reply so I think going over there is the only way to make first contact, But now I do have some contacts over there. Just hire a van and pop over it's not far

sonofsam

Cheers for the reply Miles.This is the one i was looking at Maxi Kit

pug_life

i contacted matra magic about the kit and haven't had a reply yet but from others i've spoen to about it they are a similar price :D

tis a very nice kit and makes a change from dimma replicas (not that theres anything wrong with them ;))

jshep205gti

you can't go round buying plastic wide arches for you 205!!! :D

sonofsam
I think Politecnic in France do what you need:

http://politecnic.com/205carrosserie.htm

And handily they have a uk importer Matra Magic:

http://www.matramagic.co.uk

Lasy time I enquired about a product the price was the same as buying it in France and getting it shipped.

Thanks for the info..will give them a ring

i contacted matra magic about the kit and haven't had a reply yet but from others i've spoen to about it they are a similar price :D

tis a very nice kit and makes a change from dimma replicas (not that theres anything wrong with them :D)

Thanks will give them a ring rather than e-mail wich was my first thought

you can't go round buying plastic wide arches for you 205!!! :D

;) you can and i will if i want to :D had a suspition this thread would turn into a standard looks best affair..agreed i have to say that all of the satndard 205,s on these forum look amazing.i just choose to be different.

Powers

The complete kit including postage and taxes works out to be £1200.

Cheers.

Foltan

if you're gonna drive over, i reccommend speedferries.com they go from dover, are well cheap and well quick! thats my tip of the day! :D

Henry Yorke
i just choose to be different.

Good on you :rolleyes:

tom_m
i just choose to be different.

damn right too!

sonofsam

Got a reply

BONJOUR,

Suite à votre e-mail du 20/12/2005

Le kit 205 maxi 928.09 euros HT

Le prix du transport 228.76 euros HT

God its alot of money..i cant justify it in some respects

Edited by sonofsam

huckleberry

Doesn't a 205 maxi need a wider suspension setup too? Like 309 front and back? Otherwise you'll need big ass wheels like the Dimma.

By the way the maxi kit was used for racing right? So it's not just a tuning-look-thing.

Powers

Yes the Maxi requires a wider front and rear track. Some use a modified 306 beam for the rear and F2000 spec rose jointed wishbones on the front.

By the way the kit is an arse to fit!

Maerten

Huckleberry, I think its the other way around in racing, they wanted a bigger track and needed something to cover the wheels a bit :rolleyes:

Actually the situation here is the other way around (correct me if im wrong). He wants the looks and adapts the track to fit the new arches.

Either way, looks lovely, best of luck

Edited by Maerten

Anthony

Generally I don't really like bodykits, but pretty much the only exception to that is the Maxi kits - they look fantastic on 106's, 205's, and (in particular) 306's. They just look so imposing and ooze in-your-face agressiveness, yet the lines work so well and look so natural that you'd swear the car was designed with it in mind.

205 Maxi on Nimrods and 306 Maxi :angry:

(if you like all manner of wide-arched retro rallyslags btw, then take a look here - it's great :D)

credowan

They look very tasty :)

Foltan

Thats not that expensive really! If you think, most big gary-boy kits are 600-700 quid all in, and theyre not even all that good!! So this is about the same, but you get alot for you're money, and its cool! :D

Sign in to follow this