• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dixon

Gti6 Engine Loom

Dixon

Im trying to match up my 205 1.6 gti wiring to the engine about to go in (Xsara VTS, aka gti-6)

The multiplug shown below has what I believe all the wires to connect to the 205 loom.

loomlabled.jpg

Ive pulled back the tape around all the wires and noted all the wire numbers to try and match to the gti-6 wiring diagrams I have. Then traced those wires back to either a pin on the ecu or a component within the engine so I can see what the wire does.

The problem I am facing is that not all the wires in the multiplug are shown on the wiring diagrams I have.

The table below shows the ones I have figured out.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/alan...wiringtable.jpg

I know a few of you have done this conversion now, can someone please shed some light on which wires are which. And which ones I need to connect up to the 205 loom if poss as this is proving to be a right pain in the ass!

Thanks.

Edited by pugtorque

DrSeuss

CC4 will be an ignition switched live.

BB1 will be a permanent battery live.

I think 123 is something like aircon.

jochem

I checked your numbers on some of my data and a VTS wiring list:

1200 - fuel pump

141 - diagnostic socket

822 - antistart

465 - speedometer

140 - diagnostic socket

123 - fuel pump

220 - reverse driving light

1072 - charging light

415 - oil level indicator

820 - antistart

808 - aircon ?

426 - tacho (will not work on a 205gti dial)

c02j - switched 12+

cc4 - switched 12+

401 - coolant temp dial

480 - warning light engine management

821 - antistart

414 - oil level indicator

012 - > C12 - switched 12+

100 - starter

bb1 - 12+

You oil temp wire will be on the small connector.

Edited by jochem

Dixon

Brilliant, thats a great help! Thanks Jochem.

And thankyou for emailing the wiring diagrams too.

You oil temp wire will be on the small connector.

Do you mean the little red one in the top of the picture that my thumb is holding?

jochem

no probs.

The one on your thumb is for the lambda.

You should have two round connectors. The one you cirkeled is the bigger one of the two. The smaller one should be near it.

Dixon

Can anyone possibly shed some light on these few wires?

I've been to Citroen and Pug dealers and they are pretty useless and couldn't help.

This is getting rather stressfull now :)

littlemike

How did you get on with the wiring in the end? I'm about to rip a Gti6 apart that I bought for a 205 transplant, but I'm not sure what to do with the immobiliser (chip in the key) or the obd (diagnostic) wires yet! I guess I'll have to remove the dash from the 306 + strip out all of the wires that I think I'll need and go from there :D

Dixon

Hi, i've still not sorted the wiring out yet. Have procrastinated a bit and built the rest of the car first but thats almost finished now so gonna be attacking it again in the next week or 2.

My ecu has been unlocked so don't need to worry about the immobiliser, when i've got it running i'll let you know what i've learned.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks as i'm hoping to be out at Castle Combe at the end of the month! <_< Long shot but ya never know.

littlemike

Any news on your car Dixon?

I've worked out all of the wires from my two multiplugs today. It's a bit different to yours though, some of the wires are different colours and numbers.

Dixon

Got it on the road this weekend.

Lost patience with the wiring in the end, was taking way too long and track days are passing without me so got a mate with more experience to do the wiring for me.

May be able to help with the odd thing but my knowledge is still limited on the wiring front i'm afraid mate.

When I get time and am happy the rest is runnig ok I'll probably go through what he's done and see what I can understand.

If you've got any specific Q's let me know and I'll see if I can trace them.

Sign in to follow this