• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pugpete1108

Sad? What And Where

pugpete1108

i konw this maybe a very stupid question but what is an SAD and where can ifind it??? duh

cheapthrills

Supplementary Air Device, its basically a choke which allows extra air into the throttle when the engines cold. its hidden under the distributor on the side of the thermostat housing.

pugpete1108
Supplementary Air Device, its basically a choke which allows extra air into the throttle when the engines cold. its hidden under the distributor on the side of the thermostat housing.

does it have coolant pipes going into and out of it?? cos i think i know what you mean

cheapthrills

not coolant pipes but two air pipes, one from the underside of the inlet manifold and the other goes to the intake pipe between afm and throttle body.

JayCC
does it have coolant pipes going into and out of it?? cos i think i know what you mean

its located on the under side of what i think your talking about. Got two black pipes coming out either side. If you follow the black pipe comming out from the pip that goes from the afmto TB you will come to it.

Edited by JayCC

pugpete1108

how do i add pics on this post or do i have to post more to do that??

tom_m

1. get yourself an account at photobucket.com or image shack.us

2. upload your pic

3. use [ img ] tags to display you image here

jonD6B

There is an 'article' on the main page which covers the SAD in detail.

Sign in to follow this