• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
greig

Starting Problems I.e The Bloody Thing Wont!

greig

Hi there,

Ive used these forums for help for a few other bits and pieces on my pug so far and everytime theres been someone else whos had the exact same problem as me and ive been able to save myslef time/money/aggro by searching old posts so i thought id give a little back.

On driving home from the petrol station t'other night my 1.6 decided it no longer wanted to play ball and would not be starting again. Luckily I wasnt far form home and managed to push her back home. Theres a loud click when i turn the ignition but thats it. To cut a long story short, with much help from searching the forums I narrowed the problem down to the dreaded brown multi plug. I found it a bit tricky to locate and not being particularly techinincally minded (although owning a 205 is rapidly changing that lol) I took some photos of the brown multiplug and what had happened to it, hope these help someone else out if they have a similar problem!

p10205953ys.jpg

Just a little bit corroded... as soon as i touched it four of the wires snapped.

Heres where it was located, underneath the AFM.

p10205961pg.jpg

p10205979wb.jpg

Some people recommended cleaning it up but seeing as mines a little past that im obviously looking to replace it. Peugeot want silly money and will only sell you it as a chunk of the loom, so best bet is to try a local auto electricians, who'll sell you something very similar for a few pence. (unless anyone knows where else to try??)

Anyhoos, Im working in london all week so wont be back home to finish the job until the weekend but hope these pics are helpful,

Cheers,

Greig

Guest smokinslim

It's probably better replaced with something a bit more water tight by the looks of it anyway.

greig

one guy i spoke to at a local auto electricians actually sells elasticated plastic bags for putting components like this in. probably not a bad idea.

Rob_the_Sparky

Do a search, there were threads written (quite a while ago now) where people were replacing this conector with a decent water tight one.

Rob

P.S. you will probably find that the wire itself is corroded a significant distance back as well so you will probably need to put in a length of wire each side, much like the Pug repair loom.

richiew205

I had a smiliar problem with my pug, wired a new block in the end.

dd_156ar

Great - this post has just helped me loads! :blush:

Sign in to follow this