• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest bernieslaven

205 Ignition Barrel And Lock Set

Guest bernieslaven

Hi,

Have been a nobber and lost my only key for my pug and have been quoted £130 from PEugeot main dealer for a replacement set. :unsure: Ouch.

Found a set removed from an Automatic - Am wondering if anyone knows about any compatability issues between the lock set/ignition barrel and if it will work on a 1989 205GTi?

Any advice would be very gratewfully received - am in limbo at the moment and need a fix ASAP, as i dont know where the keys are, or if anyone else has "found" them. Have disconnected a couple of spade connectors from the starter motor as an insurance policy, but my snowboard, laptop and records are in the back on full display in a shared residential car park in my street

Someone please help!!

:wacko:

Best Regards

Daryl

B1ack_Mi16

Just a tip..

I bought a complete key + lock set from GSF Car Parts that arrived at my door yesterday.

The kit includes 2x door locks, 1 x ignition barrel, 1 x fuelcap, 1 x boot lock + 2x keys.

It did only cost 53£ + vat and was genuine Valeo parts.

jackherer

a lockset from an automatic is the same as a gti.

Just a tip..

I bought a complete key + lock set from GSF Car Parts that arrived at my door yesterday.

The kit includes 2x door locks, 1 x ignition barrel, 1 x fuelcap, 1 x boot lock + 2x keys.

It did only cost 53£ + vat and was genuine Valeo parts.

they're a bargain really, it just annoys me that you dont get a glovebox lock :unsure:

B1ack_Mi16
a lockset from an automatic is the same as a gti.

they're a bargain really, it just annoys me that you dont get a glovebox lock :unsure:

There was actually an extra locking cylinder with the set.. I couldn't figure out what it was for, maybe it can be fit in the glowebox?

jackherer
There was actually an extra locking cylinder with the set.. I couldn't figure out what it was for, maybe it can be fit in the glowebox?

I've always been under the impression that they didnt, please let me know if they in fact do :unsure:

Sign in to follow this