• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
steve@cornwall

Help! High Oil Pressure

steve@cornwall

anybody tell me why my 1.6 oil pressure is showing high (4th bar at tick-over and right to the end of the guage at high revs) ? Car was overfuelling massively with LOTS of fuel going into sump due to broken afm wire. have changed oil only and oil and filter 2 weeks later, oil doesn't smell of petrol anymore and passed mot emissions comfortably since.

What are the dangers of such high pressures?

Possible remedies? I want to save this engine as only 88k and good history.

All opinions gratefully recieved

simonb

I wouldn't rule out the fact that the sender is playing up as these often go the way of the tit. If you want to be sure though, change the sender. If it's still uber high the only sure way to check is to whip the sump off and remove the oil pump for checking though to be honest, I doubt that the petrol would have done any damage other than contaimate the oil.

steve@cornwall
I wouldn't rule out the fact that the sender is playing up as these often go the way of the tit. If you want to be sure though, change the sender. If it's still uber high the only sure way to check is to whip the sump off and remove the oil pump for checking though to be honest, I doubt that the petrol would have done any damage other than contaimate the oil.

cheers,will change sender weekend, but took it out for a drive today, pressure guage at 3.5 maybe it will come down on its own? had the same on another 1.6 last year , wired wrongly after engine change with the reversing light plug wired into diagnostic socket,result- injectors on permanently! oil pressure was sky high afterwards so mot'd it and sold it as was (even told the guy!)At least nobody's mentioned the words i was dreading;- "bore-washing" "crank-case compression" And one beginning with "fu....!"

Sign in to follow this